Mission Trailers

sledhead65

Reaction score
Mission trailers

Anyone as annoyed as i am with their 2011 mission trailer?

Leaks, no floor to wall sealing, the brake wiring is a joke, propane plumbing running under crossmembers, large fuel doornot totally sealed, they use 2 sided tape every second roof crossmember so once it gets cold it lets go and sags,cable anchors for the doors not properly attached

Call the Red deer dealer right on the hiway for explanation them and they say "thats the industry standard"and not all things may be under warranty, leave it with us" Its brand new and i have to leave it with them????

I knew about the propane plumbing so thats one thing.. but drive it down a country road and open it up and dust everywhere, not impressed.. i took a hose and ran it where the floor meets roof, water galore running onto road.

Why didnt i buy a Triton? Buyer beware but geeez!

I think i need to set up a lawnchair with a sign asking people to talk to me before they go in to this business :rant:

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have bought a "Legend" Trailer from Firefly (Ron) from right here on this site !! He even gives "Snow and Mudder's" a little better deal !!!
(Sorry, to rub it in !!! LOL)

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this an impule purchase ? Did you not look at these things before you bought it ?

Not to be a dick, but your the guy that hooked onto it, and drug it home. I would be more pizzed off at myself than anyone.........just sayin'

sledhead65

Reaction score
you cant tell the sealing of the floor..looking underneath its like any other trailer, but what a dissapointment when u see dust in yoru trailer, thats why you buy an enclosed .... andhow do u tell they used two sided tape in the roof holding panels in place.. and yeah i am pissed at myself.. but new trailers shouldnt need to be left at the dealers within a week of buying them so they can "look at it.."..just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Hey dude I am a saleman at the Red Deer dealer and please call me or your salesman and lets get you happy with the unit. The reason we need a week to get you in is because we are a little swamped with the R.V show that we put on and had the bays all full of R.V's which put them behind. The rear, door should be adjusted for a better seal but keep in mind you will never stop water from running out through it, but it should keep most of the dust out. The boys will look at the ceiling and if it is not right we will fix it. Wiring is something that all brands struggle with unless you spend the extra cash and go to a featherlite, they rock in that department. Our service department is very good and we are known for our workmanship, I feel bad that your new trailer isnt meeting your expectations so lets get it fixed. My name is Paul and call me anytime at the dealer and I will get things handled.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Sorry I went over your post and thought we needed a week to get you in, disreguard my misunderstang with the R.V post.

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know what they are like.I was going to buy one for hauling the trike but not now :beer::beer::beer:

sledhead65

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Catman, at least you have the balls/courtesy to give the appearance that you realize the customers importance.

Next staff meeting tell your "Too Tall" owner, he isnt doing customers a favor selling, his customers are doing him a favor buying...

And bringing a trailer back for a week or two in the season in which it was made for is ridiculous especialy when all issues should be dealt with on PDI.

Not to pick on you.. Again..thanks for taking the time to respond, its appreciated. If you are at Mountain Mania, spank a drift for me,i know you are on a CAT so you might wanna make it a small drift :rolleyes:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Too funny, I quess we will have to ride together to see what kind of drift my Cat can handle, again you sem unhappy and I understand, if you want to squeeze the trailer here in between a trip we will help you, if not then bring it in the spring and I will make sure it is delt with, call me first and give me some time to figure stuff out though. This dealership has been around for a long time and we are not perfect but we do work with the customer to try to get things right.We have sold a lot of Mission trailers this winter and yours is the first complaint I have heard, maybe it was a Friday trailer! Anyways keep us posted.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was thinking about not posting, cause trailers are a bit of a tough subject, hopefully this post will make some sense.
Well to start I bought a new enclosed trailer this year and I spent months shopping and looking and looking and dealing and looking... anyway I ended up buying a Triton 4 place enclosed, fairly loaded up with heater and all kinds of nice options, I was torn between buying the mission and the Triton, ended up buying the Triton because of availability. I was dealing with Catman at Alan Dale, Excellent guy and tryed very hard for my buisness I will say it has been a long time sense I was treated so well, he understands the whole respecting your customers, I wish he would have had a trailer I could have bought from him. That being said, my buddy bought the 2011 Mission and is also not that pleased with it, The poor sealing between the wall and floor is LUDICRIS I could not belive the snow and dirt that gets in that trailer. IF you were to compare the Mission to the Triton without first getting to use them they are very similer the Mission actually looks like a better deal because of the amount of options they have, and the better price. I am very pleased with my Triton but they are not perfect either, Give your dealer the benifet of the doubt and hopefully they will make it right, you paid good hard money for that trailer and the last thing you want is to be disapointed. Wow Sorry for the novel that was a 6 beer story

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know what they are like.I was going to buy one for hauling the trike but not now :beer::beer::beer:

Will your trike have enough clearance to not get high centered going into one of the above deck trailers ? I'm curious weather I would have enough clearance to roll a street bike in mine

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was this an impule purchase ? Did you not look at these things before you bought it ?

Not to be a dick, but your the guy that hooked onto it, and drug it home. I would be more pizzed off at myself than anyone.........just sayin'

Not sure how many enclosed trailers you have bought but evan after months of shopping its hard to know you are making the right decision. There are a ton of manufactures out there with tons of different models of trailers. Its not easy buying the right trailer without being able to test them out first

sledhead65

Reaction score
All the Tritons were sold out.

I will just do it myself and seal the floors, whats a dealer gonna do other than spray foam in there or something ridiculous that is a quick fix. you cant make it better unless you take it apart and redo it, just what everyone wants to do on a new trailer.

Theres no way a dealer is gonna do that on warranty, he wont get paid for it.

I got snookered on a high dollar trailer with low quality standards ranging from fit to sealing and wiring and plumbing, Maybe a dealer got a deal on a bunch of " Friday Trailers" to sell for retail.

Maybe i will just make myself feel better and set up booths next to the dealers display at sled shows.. and rv shows with pics and video of how the next customers will be "satisfied".. Do that for a year or three :rolleyes:

Martins never let me down on three sleds, 2 supercharged seadoos, a can am, and my mastercraft, i lay awake at night feeling stupid/pissed/foolish enough for not looking closer and buying a Triton so i dont need a** wipe comments from others that think they know it all.. you cant determine all faults at point of purchase,and the ones you do see you think thats nothing i can touch that up myself. If i walked into a dealer with a bucket and asked them to start throwing water on the floor of the trailer, to test for leaks i would get looked at like i was nuts.

Thanks Tfitz for your comments, well spoken

05Cummins

Reaction score
Don't feel bad or angry bout your purchase you cant see everything on the lot.

I remember when we bought a 35 foot custom flat deck to haul some equipment this was supposed to be a heavy heavy duty unit.

The trailer came in and didnt look at all like they said it would be so before we gave them the rest of the money we said ok hook it up to our truck and lets go haul somthing heavy.

They did not want to at ALL but ended up doing it ( 5 more units would be bought if this was a good unit) we loaded up a small JD dozer on it at the max weight of the trailer.

With the owner and saleman in the back of the truck and me and my bud who owns the other half of the company sitting shotgun we left our yard.

That trailer dog tracked so bad it was hard to stay in one lane the amount of frame flex was scary.

The trailer sales guys could see we were not impressed and they had a very sheepish look about them.

when we got back to the yard we took a tape to the unit it was out of whack really bad one axle on the drivers was about an inch further forward then the pass side.:nono:

We made them rebuild that trailer 3 times before we would accept it.

The moral of this long boring story I guess is I never buy anything without trying it out like I would in the every day world.:rant:

I always put a small deposit on and then test it up I would rather lose a small down then pay full price for a POS.

And anyplace that wont let you test out a unit after a deposit is not a place I would buy anything from.

sledhead65

Reaction score
well spoken 05 cummins

no one would buy a car without a test drive,, should be the same for other equipment too..

Last edited:
Top Bottom