Ministik... Anybody take a rip out there this year yet?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has taken a ride out at Ministik this year? If so how was the snow etc. I live 10 mins. away and might go out there this weekend for the first ride. Any info would be appreciated.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Ministik... Anybody take a rip out there tis year yet?

was there on sunday,a little bumpy and grass through a few spots,cops in the parking lot waiting for you to return to check reg and insurance but all together was ok for a good rip

Jake

Reaction score
We were there on Sunday also, 6" of pretty light loose snow on the lakes. Squashed as much of it as possible. Trails were alright, definately could use more snow. Cops were handing out tickets.

roland

Reaction score
Just got back from a drive to Ministik. The parking lot is pretty chewed up and not a vehicle in sight except for the boys in blue cruising up and down 510.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a drive to Ministik. The parking lot is pretty chewed up and not a vehicle in sight except for the boys in blue cruising up and down 510.

I guess we all have to make sure we have our sleds Registered, insured (ofcourse, you'd be an idiot not to), trail pass (could get fined for tresspassing if you don't have it), and have reg. docs. and pink slip with you.

Isn't nice to know that we "Snowmobilers" are being watched and pursicuted by the Law more than all the "other" criminals in our society?... Edmonton area anyways. :nono: How about putting these officers or the expense they cost us tax payers and focus them on "Real Criminals" like Asian gangs members, drug dealers/trafficers, Drunk Drivers/check stops,...

I feel like I should hide my sled when it's in the back of my truck... worried about being pulled over and fined just for having the dang thing?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about putting these officers or the expense they cost us tax payers and focus them on "Real Criminals" like Asian gangs members, drug dealers/trafficers, Drunk Drivers/check stops,...

I feel like I should hide my sled when it's in the back of my truck... worried about being pulled over and fined just for having the dang thing?
They give us tickets because Gang members/drug dealers and other criminals don`t pay tickets, so its a waste of their time.

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were on their sleds.

Oh so they can ride around where ever they want hmmmm......

Buddy of mine was riding in his subdivision in Ardrossan with the kids and the next day the bylaw guy showed up at the door (this is after peeking through the windows of the shop) and gave him a written warning.

Zipp

Reaction score
I will be avoiding areas like Ministik because of the harassment the authorities in that area like to give. Plus, I know I would not enjoy the tazering I would get if I politely inquired as to why they were there. As was said earlier, I wish these people would stop bothering law abiding, tax paying people. However I guess they have their agendas that I just don’t understand.
This is very unfortunate, as Ministik is a great place to ride.

Anit-sledders: 1 Zipp: 0

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be avoiding areas like Ministik because of the harassment the authorities in that area like to give. Plus, I know I would not enjoy the tazering I would get if I politely inquired as to why they were there. As was said earlier, I wish these people would stop bothering law abiding, tax paying people. However I guess they have their agendas that I just don’t understand.
This is very unfortunate, as Ministik is a great place to ride.

Anit-sledders: 1 Zipp: 0

Zipp... you'll get used of the tazering, they are already starting to do it at the registery offices when you say "I would like to register my snowmo...TTTZZZZZZZZZZTT!!!

DonMcKay

Reaction score
Website
www.calgaryatvriders.com
So where is Ministik located?
Is there much snow there? We want to find someplace close to edmonton to take our nephew and his children out for a bit of a spin on the machines next weekend. Ideally what we would like to find is a spot with some toboggan hills so we could let the kids ride a toboggan down the hills.

Don

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at ministik today and the cops were in the parking lot again checking insurance, registration and handing out tickets. The one good thing about them there is that nobody will try to steal trailers , vehicles or anything from them. If they keep it up though there won't be any vehicles left there because everyone will find somewhere else to sled.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at ministik today and the cops were in the parking lot again checking insurance, registration and handing out tickets. The one good thing about them there is that nobody will try to steal trailers , vehicles or anything from them. If they keep it up though there won't be any vehicles left there because everyone will find somewhere else to sled.

If the cops are in the parking lot all day your trailer and gear are still not safe, the cops will not be too concerned about about theives walking away with your property or possesions. Here in Strathcona County, it's The Snowbilers who are the real criminals and the cops are only focussed on us. :surrender:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd think the only ones avoiding the place'd be the ones breaking the law. Who cares if they don't show up?

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two buddies and I rode Ministik on Monday Dec 31/07 and it was good. No hassles from any authorities or adjacent land owners etc. A couple of quads have chewed up the trail at the TWP 504 road crossing and a rider has to beware of rocks more than ever. You can hit a rock in the middle of the lake ( since the water / ice level is the lowest level in the past couple of years ). The trails need a bit more snow and there is some very hard spots ( bare rocks and stumps showing on some parts). The signs are out and it is easy to get arround. If the weather warms up on the weekend the south facing slopes of the hills will be mud very quickly. Too bad my buddies machine broke down at Joesph Lake. We couldn't make it to Hay lakes that day but a couple of us had a good ride.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd think the only ones avoiding the place'd be the ones breaking the law. Who cares if they don't show up?

Summiteer.. I hear ya, nobody wants a bunch a nominds out there, or anywhere for that matter, anyway. However, it is a bit annoying that we seem to be a Target? I just get my shorts in a knot when I hear about all the crackdowns on us snowmobilers... from my many years of riding experience, I can't see the justification for all the hooplaw from the law?? :confused::confused:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it the RCMP out at Ministik or is it the Strathcona Bylaw?

I have seen Strathcona Bylaw out at the RR215/214 and TWP 508 parking lot before and its not in there area. The staging area on 510 is considered Strathcona though. So if Bylaw tries to give you a ticket you can tell them to go somewhere very warm, they stopped me last year and I had all my paperwork but I ever so kindly informed them to go back to there juristiction.

Top Bottom