Merry Christmas or Happy holiday?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say whatever comes out of my mouth, Merry christmas, happy new year, happy holidays..whatever, if anyone rips me a new one I'll tell em where to go. This is my country and I am free to say whatever I wish..if i were in their country I would be more politicaly polite and use "happy holidays".

On that note though.. I have 2 really good pals, 1 arabic muslim and 1 jew, haha on the contrary..these two are good friends as well (back in their homeland they would kill eachother) I call these two the redneck muslim and redneck jew because although these guys stay true to their religious beleifs, one is a welder who plays hockey and parties like a rockstar, same goes the Jew but he is a rigpig with a big jacked up pickup, listens to country music and they are by far the best guys I know. And neither of them care if I say Merry Christmas..

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas...And if anyone has a problem with that,just let me know.I'll give you a time and place to have a politicly correct diccusion on the topic...:twocents:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definetly Merry Christmas.

A few years ago we had to take a Christmas tree out of the front lobby because some J. witnesses didn't like a green artificial tree with some decorations on it.
We have a right to say Merry Christmas. If others don't like it at, they should shut the F. up and at least tolerate it.

The J. witnesses' do in fact celebrate and support Christmas. Have you ever seen one turn down the stat holiday pay and show up for work? I rest my case.:realmad:

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. I will be the odd Ball. It depends on who you are speaking to. If its personal, as in family and Friends, its Merry Xmas. If its work related, it's Happy Holidays. Most people don't care one way or the other but when it comes to work....why upset a potential customer??? thats my 2 cents

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is CANADA . Its MERRY CHRISTMAS here , if they want something else ,they can GO HOME if its that much better but then again, WHY ARE THEY HERE. They only want to change things here because WE let them. In there own country they would be shot for trying to change the ways of the country.:nono:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Last x-mas, my son's grade 9 class was asked to make x-mas cards for a nearby old folks home(and no, i'm not in there.... Yet!). He made up some really nice cards, but the teacher destroyed them and said they could not say "merry christmas " on them, but had to say happy holidays.......... We fought with the teacher for a bit, then went straight to the principal with this, and it stopped there..... The teacher didn't want to upset a minute minority, so thought they should be "politically" correct - but in reality, offended the majority........... My son ended up getting a very good mark in that class, needless to say!!!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it Happy Hanukkah or should we start saying God Bless Hanukkah? We all know that would not be accepted so why should we "Christians" accept Happy Holidays?

It is and always will be Merry Christmas!!

:beer::beer:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your store front says happy holidays you won't see me shopping in it take your liberal political correct crap and stick it if someone told me i was wrong in saying MERRY CHRISTMAS they better be prepared to hear F- OFF like the president of australia said if you don't like the way we live go home we did't force you to come here

Last edited by a moderator:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is CANADA . Its MERRY CHRISTMAS here , if they want something else ,they can GO HOME if its that much better but then again, WHY ARE THEY HERE. They only want to change things here because WE let them. In there own country they would be shot for trying to change the ways of the country.:nono:

What if you are talking to a Candian born citizen who chooses no religion? Perhaps they are not into saying christ's name. What then?

The world is not black/white. Feel free to adapt as neccessary.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada needs a leader with Balls like this

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country that accepted YOU.'

Merry Christmas....to all....

:xmas2004_15:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its lots of reading and no pictures and it's from the US but I lke the message....

PAUL HARVEY ON PRAYER
Paul Harvey says:

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.
I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.
Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game.
So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.
"But it's a Christian prayer," some will argue.
Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect-somebody chanting Hare Krishna?
If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.
If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.
If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.
And I wouldn't be offended.
It wouldn't bother me one bit.
When in Rome ..
"But what about the atheists?" is another argument?
What about them?
Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!
Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do.
I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations. Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights.
Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating; to pray before we go to sleep.
Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing.
Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.
God, help us.
And if that last sentence offends you, well ... just sue me.
The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard
.... that the vast majority don't care what they want. It is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray;
you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance;
you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.
That is your right, and we will honor your right. But by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are fighting back ... and we WILL WIN!

God bless us one and all ... especially those who denounce Him.
God bless America, despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all.
God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.

Merry Christmas....from my family to ours.... :beer:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE REAP WHAT WE SOW
The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:
I have no clue who Nick and Jessica are. I see them on the cover of People and Us constantly when I am buying my dog biscuits and kitty litter. I often ask the checkers at the grocery stores. They never know who Nick and Jessica are either. Who are they? Will it change my life if I know who they are and why they have broken up? Why are they so important?
I don't know who Lindsay Lohan is either, and I do not care at all about Tom Cruise's wife. Am I going to be called before a Senate committee and asked if I am a subversive? Maybe, but I just have no clue who Nick and Jessica are and I don't care. If this is what it means to be no longer young, it's not so bad.
I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees, Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees.
It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, 'Merry Christmas' to me. I don't think they are slighting me or getting ready to put me in a ghetto. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.
I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.
Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.
In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.
Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her 'How could God let something like this happen?' (regarding Hurricane Katrina)
Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, 'I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?'
In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc., I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.
Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.
Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.
Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,

"Ben Stein"

Merry Christmas and God Bless one and all....

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas if you don't like it you can alway leave.

Just more food for thought.

America, Canada , all Europe ..... Needs a President like this

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'.

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this , American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree, please SEND THIS ON.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas :canadaflag:

Our family is Ukrainian
We like it so much have Merry Christmas twice:)

Twice the presents and yummy food.

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As we are a small-town dealership, it always was and will always be Merry Christmas.... Until i am forced to say "Happy Chrismukkrama-ding a ling dang dong.... {insert holiday names here}"

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
simply put its a Pegan holiday. a lot of other beliefs have thier backgrounds as to where the celebration of a specific holiday was derived.

the Pegan holiday first celebrated with the use of an Evergreen was all the way back in 1521. It has become a way of celebration for Christianty in celebrating the birth of Christ.

if people do not belive in the Pagenistic beliefs or in Christianity thats all fine and good. I see no harm or foul in that itself.

I do have a problem when many Countries celebrate and have celebrated this day for centuries and in the last few years with more diversification of countires having many different origins now living in a single country its become a problem. WHY?

nothing has changed. Christians still celebrate the DEC 25th as the birth of Christ, yet for some reason because other ethnic backgrounds live among our countries now more then ever they feel offended by the use of " merry christmas"

what confuses me the most is where this change is coming from. I have stood behind many different ethnic people from many different countries all in line at the big stores buying like mad fools on the night of DEC 24th...MIDNIGHT MADNESS.

now if these people have an issue with saying "merry christmas" then WTF are they doing celebrating the holiday???? GET BACK TO WORK :d

Merry Christmas is whats always been used in our families and always shall be. no person or government or leftwing prude will ever change that.

on another topic many people who say Merry Christmas have truely forgotten what it means :( ( this wel save for another day perhaps )

enjoy your Christmas Holidays. remember the unity in family and dont let things like being politicaly correct or not sway you from your relaxation :)

Top Bottom