Media feedback at CBC

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats to funny u alberts get so worked up it's not pre school did i get the point across no . im not righting a essay hahahahaha u will never find the good hot spots bro's lol for u in mara u like riding on conreate 2 days after it snows dont read this if u cant understand it just keep scrolling, u guys fight over stupid ch!t u know its just a site , if we where on the hill it's a differant storey nothing personal sorry for no going to shool haha but i got a good job 30 buk an houre and own 10 acers brand new house and wife and kids how old am i pussys 27 ya im a dummy hey I CANT SPELL OOOOOO WELLL

I feel sorry for the wife and kids :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe every sledder should have to take the avy course!
Every boater has to take the boating course!
Why not make it manditory? just an Idea!

IMO, that's a good idea. It may not prevent all the tragedies but the senarios with barbed wire fences, thin ice, sledding in the dark, avalanches, and drinking and sledding being presented would be a good start.

With avalanches, while the evening course is a start, the two day (first day classroom, the second day the field) course is a must. In BC there are not enough enforcers around to look after the non-registrations let alone something like this.

Maybe some of the mega bucks that are used in S&R could be saved and put into enforcement. Just a thought.....:beer:

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enough:mad:, aren't we all just sledders out enjoying what we love to do. I think we are losing the point, the tree huggers want to shut us down, so we shouldn't be fighting with each other about who's from where or where we ride, but rather we should be sticking together to save the sport we love. Just because some city slickers and granola crunchers made stupidazz comments about something they know nothing about doesn't mean we should be fighting. I agree proper coarses should be reqiured but that can't change the past, maybe help in the future. My condolences go out to all the families that have lost a loved ones, and hope we never have a year like this again :aim_sorry: Just my:twocents:

I Dare Ya Rene!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglevalleymarine.com
thats to funny u alberts get so worked up it's not pre school did i get the point across no . im not righting a essay hahahahaha u will never find the good hot spots bro's lol for u in mara u like riding on conreate 2 days after it snows dont read this if u cant understand it just keep scrolling, u guys fight over stupid ch!t u know its just a site , if we where on the hill it's a differant storey nothing personal sorry for no going to shool haha but i got a good job 30 buk an houre and own 10 acers brand new house and wife and kids how old am i pussys 27 ya im a dummy hey I CANT SPELL OOOOOO WELLL

I don't believe anyone cares about your lack of spelling or grammatical skills, it is the content of your comments. You stated Albertans don't know what they are doing, Albertans make BC look bad, Albertans wreck our mountains and most Albertans are dumb!
Here is a suggestion, reread your last two posts and make a much needed apology to all your fellow sledders in Alberta! Then load up your sled and come to Sicamous and see if I ride concrete. If you can keep up all day I will apologize for my comment about your village trying to get in touch with you. RS

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I don't believe anyone cares about your lack of spelling or grammatical skills, it is the content of your comments. You stated Albertans don't know what they are doing, Albertans make BC look bad, Albertans wreck our mountains and most Albertans are dumb!
Here is a suggestion, reread your last two posts and make a much needed apology to all your fellow sledders in Alberta! Then load up your sled and come to Sicamous and see if I ride concrete. If you can keep up all day I will apologize for my comment about your village trying to get in touch with you. RS

sledrocs, all I can say is what a stupid comment! "Albertan's are dumb!" Here is what I suggest. Go for a ride with Rene. He might even bring some Abertan's along just to make sure you keep them in line. Bring a bag of huggies, you'll need them.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
In one or two months all this attention will turn on the quadding community because there will be accidents, probably involving kids. City folks, or those who do not quad will bash my sport. HAAA can't wait.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill tell u most albertian ive met dont know what there doin just have nice 30.000$ sled talk talk talk i used to sled owls but every time i go out its tracked up u guys are making b.c look bad me and the locals explore b.c and places we have been and found make owls shity how bout this 24/7 pow 2 feet + never touched just a secreat well never losse a place to ride cuz we dont follow others we make are own riding areas down here because of the albertians pounding out are mtns u will never see another sled where we ride , not putin down alberta but theres alot of dumb albertians up there,

You're killing me dude, maybe you can help me out on this as now I'm confused as to who I am. I was born in BC, I own property in McBride, my folks live in McBride, my sleds stay in Mcbride, I only ride in BC ( Golden, Tumbler Ridge, Mcbride, Valemount ) I know lots of " secret" areas around Mcbride where the only sledders I see are in the group I ride with or are also locals, but I also own property and live in Alberta, all my toys are registered in Alberta and I work in Alberta. PPPLLEEAAASSSSEEEEE help me, am I a dumb Albertan, or am I a local BC boy like you!!!!

I've met some dumbass people from BC out riding as well, they are everywhere, but you, with your comments, really take the cake. Like someone else said, Your village called, they want you home.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to avoid the sh!tshow that is the alberta/bc argument. That will get all of us nowhere.

The idea of making an avalanche course mandatory is excellent in my opinion. I don't know anyone that doesn't have anything left to learn about snowpacks and riding snowmobiles.

My question to all of you (us?) is how often do you guys dig pits? I wager we see more deaths on sled then on skis largely because sledders can make more progress much faster. If I am touring in, odds have it I will dig a pit sooner, even if just for a break from the hiking. Could it be that the thrill of mashing throttle causes people to not dig pits?

Just some food for thought.

Reaction score
Enough:mad:, aren't we all just sledders out enjoying what we love to do. I think we are losing the point, the tree huggers want to shut us down, so we shouldn't be fighting with each other about who's from where or where we ride, but rather we should be sticking together to save the sport we love. Just because some city slickers and granola crunchers made stupidazz comments about something they know nothing about doesn't mean we should be fighting. I agree proper coarses should be reqiured but that can't change the past, maybe help in the future.

very good point if we can't stand together against tree huggers that don't know anything how do we stop them from imposing laws to keep us from riding there are already some provincial parks in saskatchewan that does not allow two stroke snowmobiles in to park because of enviromental issues whats to stop them from going farther i don't know about anyone else but i will do all i can to keep sledding and make sure that my children will also be able to sled

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Sledrocs is a closet treehugger trying to stir up the SH#& among sledders:smiliestirthepot:. Don't fall for this folks the Communist Broadcasting Corp (C.B.C.) would like nothing better than to do a story on the sledding community fighting like cats and dogs amongst ourselves and I can see how it would play out, the spin would be unbelievable!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

scafer53

Reaction score
Sledroc should take his BULL**** opinion over to the SW forum cause know one on here wants to read that! Your the type of person that give sledders a sh1t rep! I don't agree with that. just my 2 cents!

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to avoid the sh!tshow that is the alberta/bc argument. That will get all of us nowhere.

The idea of making an avalanche course mandatory is excellent in my opinion. I don't know anyone that doesn't have anything left to learn about snowpacks and riding snowmobiles.

My question to all of you (us?) is how often do you guys dig pits? I wager we see more deaths on sled then on skis largely because sledders can make more progress much faster. If I am touring in, odds have it I will dig a pit sooner, even if just for a break from the hiking. Could it be that the thrill of mashing throttle causes people to not dig pits?

Just some food for thought.

more often than not a PIT is useless. unlike a skier / boarder running down a single face anyone on a sled can cover so much ground within seconds that the snow you see in the pit you just dug within seconds your now on a new slope or on a different directional face. now the weather , sun, cloud and daily temps have changed that snow and the snow underlying. for a sledder a pit tells us the same story as it tells anyone else. due to the fact the machines cover so much ground and typicaly a sledder and group will move from one area to another yould be digging a pit every 10 to 15 minutes.

i agree pits tell us a lot of whats happening on the mountian but due to the area we cover in such a short amount of time, yould spend more time digging then rideing.

i just dont see "pits" as the answer to the problem. JMO

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Overall the media is quite bias and always seem to get the facts screwed up or the reporter or broadcasting company has an agenda to try and shove down our throat but the worst is our beloved C.B.C. I get sick and tired listening to their leftwing dribble. It really ticks me off that my tax dollars are supporting these left wing social agenda crusaders. I refuse to listen to their radio or television broadcasts. Ask me how I really feel:realmad:LOL

Britt

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im with you Britt... i avoid anything CBC for the same reasons.

they dont report the news they try and create it

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a B.Cer all my 45 years Im even not to impressed with the comments about the Albertans,not cool:nono:.We have plenty of backcountry for all to enjoy so your all invited to come and enjoy,just leave are salmon alone[just kiddin].I took the 2 day avy course in Feb and the instructor said pits are no good for sledder he recomends the bikini method,find a SMALL by steep hill,go up on a 45 then cross with another 45,then come across the top if it slides you can read it,without ever leavin your sled,I use it now and it works.My moneys on Rene.LOL

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As a B.Cer all my 45 years Im even not to impressed with the comments about the Albertans,not cool:nono:.We have plenty of backcountry for all to enjoy so your all invited to come and enjoy,just leave are salmon alone[just kiddin].I took the 2 day avy course in Feb and the instructor said pits are no good for sledder he recomends the bikini method,find a SMALL by steep hill,go up on a 45 then cross with another 45,then come across the top if it slides you can read it,without ever leavin your sled,I use it now and it works.My moneys on Rene.LOL

interesting.....

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was his theory,you can do it in each area yor in,doesnt take long,plus its still fun.The course I took the instructor tried to gear it for sledders because we cover so much area in a day lots of the regular ski,snoshoe stuff doesnt really aply plus sledders are less likely to take the time to do all the stuff recomended,it was well worth taking and the instructor[Nikko was his name] was awsome I think every mountain sledder should take one.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skiing or snowboarding you get a much better feeling for the snow since you are standing in it. You can blast a few km on a sled and not notice too much of a change but it may feel hollow underfoot on your first turn or on the way up on skis. You can even pick out different layers in the snow with the basket of your ski pole. with the power of new sleds, if you're blasting up a hill with your sled's skis in the air, you don't feel much of a change in the snow on a cross-loaded slope, where you feel it instantly with skis and change your direction.

Top Bottom