Media feedback at CBC

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also read some of these comments on the CBC website....most of these coming from city folks that have never seen a snowmobile much less know anything about them. I would just say to ignore them rather than get caught up in all the "hype". There will always be the tree hugging nazi crowd out there, trying to ban every sport out there that doesn't involve them....they see snowmobiles as noisy, smelly, polluting machines with no place in the backcountry. They see snowmobilers as overweight, lazy, ignorant rednecks.

The problem we face right now as snowmobilers is that we are being portrayed very negatively in the media. These treehuggers are just feeding off of this and don't worry....they are writing to members of our local gov't and if we don't band together it will mean a total ban on our areas, and you can only imagine what will happen after that.

Join your local club....we need to be strong to have a voice in all the chit that is coming our way. It is inevitable that things will be much different in the following seasons. It will probably mean that we won't have the free reign that we have had in the past....more areas will be shut down unfortunately.

Also, be smart for the rest of this season when going out to the mountains....invest in avalanche training ( it may save your life or your buddies), have the gear and KNOW how to use it, watch the bulletins, stay out of areas that look questionable, and one rider at a time on a slope. Be SMART....play SAFE!!

I can't even count the number of times when I have been out with my family (we ride with our 12 year old on his own M sled) when I have seen unsafe practices going on that have put their lives and our lives in danger!! I have seen guys getting stuck on a slope and their buddies highmarking above them, oblivious to the dangers they are putting everyone around then in. I have seen 3, 4 & 5 guys heading up the slopes at the same time like they are racing. I have seen guys trying to touch overhanging cornices with their machines, I have seen sleds playing in another area with all of their safety gear left behind because they felt like lightening the load. I could go on and on....

sledrocs

Reaction score
ill tell u most albertian ive met dont know what there doin just have nice 30.000$ sled talk talk talk i used to sled owls but every time i go out its tracked up u guys are making b.c look bad me and the locals explore b.c and places we have been and found make owls shity how bout this 24/7 pow 2 feet + never touched just a secreat well never losse a place to ride cuz we dont follow others we make are own riding areas down here because of the albertians pounding out are mtns u will never see another sled where we ride , not putin down alberta but theres alot of dumb albertians up there,

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
You know maybe it's time to have mandatory avy training to go up the trail heads. Take the course every year before you go and no problems. just a thought.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
ill tell u most albertian ive met dont know what there doin just have nice 30.000$ sled talk talk talk i used to sled owls but every time i go out its tracked up u guys are making b.c look bad me and the locals explore b.c and places we have been and found make owls shity how bout this 24/7 pow 2 feet + never touched just a secreat well never losse a place to ride cuz we dont follow others we make are own riding areas down here because of the albertians pounding out are mtns u will never see another sled where we ride , not putin down alberta but theres alot of dumb albertians up there,

That's freakin hilarious. You couldn't pass a sixth grade English class and you're calling people "dumb albertians".

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you're the smart British Columbian. Should make sure you know how to spell, and use proper words before you start acting like a jacka$$, and calling people dumb.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing, simply amazing how ignorant people can be. Screw em', as far as I'm concerned they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.:rant:

I'm not disrespecting any of the sledders who lost their lives in the avalanches but I really wonder if it had been heli skiiers or snowboarders caught in the slides if the media would have paid as much attention to it? Just a thought

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just wasted a bunch of time reading that unbelievable trash. my blood is boiling now, was forced into responding. it's absolutely amazing how unrealistic and cluless some people are. Ride safe people, the snowpack is only going to be getting more unstable as the spring goes on.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cant believe this guy from Vernon is calling us dumb.Dude you should have stayed in school,can you read this.I think you became a great rider by skipping English,that is if you made it to high school,Mayby it was Language Arts you were skipping.In case you never made it there that is elementry school where they teach you to read and write.Reading your post was laughable at the very least!
catmando!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey guys...now calm down!! I think sledrocs was just trying to make a point about the B.C.'ers losing all of our prime "secret" spots!! It is true that I hear that the majority of the sledders going to all the hot spots are from Alberta....but let's face it....if you got the cash and the time do drive to these places so be it. I think it drives our economy up and it's not a bad thing. I've went to southern Alberta to sled before and I wasn't told I wasn't welcome!! It's funny that most of the guys I know in B.C. are moving to Alberta for work!! Does that make them "dumb Albertans"?

TrailCrusader

Reaction score

When we find your secret riding place we will show up in mass to track it up.
Learn how to spell. The next time I am in Vernon, I might randomly distribute some grade 6 English Text books hoping you find one.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Remember as a kid when your parents always told you to shut-up?

You really should listen to your parents

Signed.....an ALBERTIAN

OVER

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is not the albertans. The problem is quite simple.
First, anyone can buy a mountain sled and go into the back country without much difficulty as the equipment is much better now then it has ever been. Secondly, alot of sledders do not have avalanche training or equipment. If they have equipment, some don't know how to use it properly. Without training its hard to recognize some of the danger areas.
Lastly, when you are riding the adreneline rush that every sledder gets at times and you feel so alive its hard to put all the dangers into perspective.
when combining the rush with the lack of experience or equipment and training and then add horsepower it can be deadly. And with the snow pack this year, it does not make it any easier even for the most experienced sledders, as we have found out!

Maybe every sledder should have to take the avy course!
Every boater has to take the boating course!
Why not make it manditory? just an Idea!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You raise some interesting points white ghost.

The problem is not the albertans. The problem is quite simple.
First, anyone can buy a mountain sled and go into the back country without much difficulty as the equipment is much better now then it has ever been. Secondly, alot of sledders do not have avalanche training or equipment. If they have equipment, some don't know how to use it properly. Without training its hard to recognize some of the danger areas.
Lastly, when you are riding the adreneline rush that every sledder gets at times and you feel so alive its hard to put all the dangers into perspective.
when combining the rush with the lack of experience or equipment and training and then add horsepower it can be deadly. And with the snow pack this year, it does not make it any easier even for the most experienced sledders, as we have found out!

Maybe every sledder should have to take the avy course!
Every boater has to take the boating course!
Why not make it manditory? just an Idea!

rgutmann

Reaction score
i just wasted a bunch of time reading that unbelievable trash. my blood is boiling now, was forced into responding. it's absolutely amazing how unrealistic and cluless some people are. Ride safe people, the snowpack is only going to be getting more unstable as the spring goes on.
I'm with you, also felt the need to put my 2 cents in. Comments were made by Tubro700

sledrocs

Reaction score
thats to funny u alberts get so worked up it's not pre school did i get the point across no . im not righting a essay hahahahaha u will never find the good hot spots bro's lol for u in mara u like riding on conreate 2 days after it snows dont read this if u cant understand it just keep scrolling, u guys fight over stupid ch!t u know its just a site , if we where on the hill it's a differant storey nothing personal sorry for no going to shool haha but i got a good job 30 buk an houre and own 10 acers brand new house and wife and kids how old am i pussys 27 ya im a dummy hey I CANT SPELL OOOOOO WELLL

Top Bottom