mcxpress or boondocker

EthanWbr

Reaction score
looking into turbos for a customer what is the better between mcxpress and boondocker
pro and cons for either would be helpful

Thanks

Apextenn

Reaction score
as far as i know they both make kits that have around the same power outputs but again its customer preference of do they want a front mount or a mid mount turbo. The front mounts tend to have less turbo leg as their is less piping from the exhaust to the turbo as well as from the turbo to the intake. The one issue with front mounts is their is allot more under hood heat created and this has to be dealt with in increasing hood vents etc as well insulating wires etc. From what i have heard the mcx has a better fuel box with it then the bd does but again it is more what you customer wants. I personally dont have either one of these kits and run the powderlites kit but if i had to do it over again i would have went with the mcx kit as it overall seems to have a better fit and finish and have heard that the fuel box it comes with is hard to beat. Just my .02 cents overall they are all good kits

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of the two options listed I'd go mcx. If I was considering a front mount, I would go alpine or impulse. I ran mcx last year. 1800 miles at 18lbs. Only thing I did on the sled all year was buy one belt and turn the boost down a bit in spring so it would stay off the limiter with the setup snow.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
before I bought my 06 MCX apex, I did alot of homework.....MCX is a turn key and ride setup. Im running a 310 kit and it works great! Ii also heard that the bd kit cant have reverse which this big tanks need.

just my 2 cent but I love my MCX turbo Apex!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are both good, Both tried, tested and proven. and both put the same size grin on your face and skidmark in your shorts!.........Jus' Say'in.

Top Bottom