McKay River Road

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
Seen a group of quaders staged on the MacKay River Road just after SuperTest hill yesterday.... unaware if any of these guys are on S&M though... Was just wondering if the trails are pretty good around here or not?

crazy apex

Reaction score
I do a lot of hunting quading and sleding north of McKay and there is lots of good trails if you know where to go. Where is that hill and river road you are talking about.

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
The supertest hill after Fort Mac just before the Main Suncor Plant, theres a road on the West side of the road that heads towards a couple camps and the Suncor McKay site.. I think its called... lol I dunno I seen a group of guys just off of the highway before the hill and seen they were all staged down that road.

crazy apex

Reaction score
Ok we are talking about a differant McKay then i am talking about the McKay out west of edmonton just befor Edson.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres some fun riding back towards the city on the west side of the highway. Some climbs up from the valley and lots of bogging up top.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jazzygurl:
The turn you are referring to is the one that goes to the ASOP sag-d (which is now Suncor since they bought out Petro Canada).

If you travel down the road past the camps you'll find trails that are accessible, some more than others are muskeg but for the most part they are accessible. If you travel down the road almost to the sag-d there is a nice trail off to your left. If you travel further down the road there is a power transmission line on your right and you can follow that and branch off all over the place. Good scouting back in there, use to moose hunt in the area.

You may also want to try in behind Abasand, there are a couple of routes you can go, if you cross the little river during the low season that takes you along the Athabasca south.

Have fun.

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
Jazzygurl:
The turn you are referring to is the one that goes to the ASOP sag-d (which is now Suncor since they bought out Petro Canada).

If you travel down the road past the camps you'll find trails that are accessible, some more than others are muskeg but for the most part they are accessible. If you travel down the road almost to the sag-d there is a nice trail off to your left. If you travel further down the road there is a power transmission line on your right and you can follow that and branch off all over the place. Good scouting back in there, use to moose hunt in the area.

You may also want to try in behind Abasand, there are a couple of routes you can go, if you cross the little river during the low season that takes you along the Athabasca south.

Have fun.

Nice!!! THanks Dale.... now just to find people to go riding with!! LOL i'm up here working and well the people I work with....don't quad.. afraid to get dirty in the mud... instead they enjoy the coke dust!! hahaha.

I think Quad spells fun!!! :d

Top Bottom