McBride Sleds Left Behind

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the Renshaw there was 4 sleds left behind. As a club we have dealt with 2 of them but need to know the owners of the last 2 so we can get hold of the insurance companies and recover our cost to remove this eye sores from the backcountry. Send me a pm if you know who they are. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess maybe that will be one advantage of requiring registration, you should be able to track the owners down, unless they removed the serial number? But seriously, what a**hole abandons their **** like that.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you post pictures of them and then part them out after a certain amount of time to recoup your monies? Or is there some sort of legal thing involved?

old hat doo

Reaction score
Run the VINs, check with registries, if the VIN comes back with nothing, and was never previously registered than i would assume that you could claim ownership and part them(pretty complex as there is no proof of purchase or Bill of Sale). If not you should be able to figure out the last registered owner from the Vin or if it was ever reported stolen, wrote-off, etc, etc...JMO

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make an auction and sell them. Buyer will remove them from your property. You can make an auction here.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will probably need to check VIN in Alberta as well as they don't always coincide

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have progressed from beer cans to entire sleds! Amazing who would leave a possible "environmental spill"on the mountain for some one else to clean up.
If the sleds are not stolen and have an owner there has got to a heavy fine for abandonment in the alpine!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you post up pics of the sleds?

Chances are, someone on here will recognize who they belong to..........

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have progressed from beer cans to entire sleds! Amazing who would leave a possible "environmental spill"on the mountain for some one else to clean up.
If the sleds are not stolen and have an owner there has got to a heavy fine for abandonment in the alpine!
$2500 littering fine.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that Barry has searched every alternative he could to find who they may have belonged to. The cost of getting them out would be high and Barry would rather that the club wouldn't have to absorb this cost. They will if they have to and you can bet every avenue for recuperation will be explored.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i would assume that they are 4 individual sleds left in seperate locations, as such im sure they can be traced through insurance companies or RCMP as in order to file a theft claim they must have filed a report with police to get a claim started

Another place to check is Search Vehicles by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) - Canadian Police Information Centre

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would assume if they were stolen the original RO would have filed a police report which goes nationwide once filed so the RCMP should be able to contact the last RO at least. Not sure how it works with insurance companies if they become the owner once they pay it out but I would assume the RCMP would inform them at the very least. Unless the sled was never registered or insured after purchase it should be able to be traced back to the last owner. Even if it was sold to someone as used who never registered or insured it and never reported it they would be able to trace it back to the last RO on file. In which case if that person did sell it, they better hope they kept the bill of sale so they don't get dinged with the littering fine or recovery cost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom