McBride or Valemount???

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to plan a trip for the end of February and not quite sure where to go. I had planned on going to Valemount but after reading the conditions thread it doesn't look like there is a lot of snow there. Are the conditions any better n McBride right now?? If they are about the same I will probably go to Vale as it is closer. Anybody know???

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say check the week before you go for snow conditions.
But it is not closer to Vale over McB. Sure you get to your hotel room quicker but then you have a long drive to the hill.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully by then everywhere will be rocking again, but right now everyone in bc is in the same boat and if they tell you they arnt well............:nono:

Conditions around here are packed in the popular areas, but hey its still sledding.

If you choose valemount, you are in the middle of three amazing sledding communities and can just follow the weather or the sun and choose where to ride daily.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say check the week before you go for snow conditions.
But it is not closer to Vale over McB. Sure you get to your hotel room quicker but then you have a long drive to the hill.

I would like to do this but i want to book a hotel this week.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could see it was snowin on lucielle yesterday afternoon and again this mornin it looks like it's gettin a bit of a dusting of snow again. I dont know that it is gettin very much up there. I know that the forcast is calling for snow for us. I might go up the hill today if not i will be for sure on sunday. Give the shop a call tomorrow and i should know how much new is up there we have guys that stop in all the time to let us know what is up the hill.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to do this but i want to book a hotel this week.

Go check the long term forecast there isnt much for any snow forecasted, I am leaving in 20 minutes for Mcbride. I like Mcbride because it so big YOU will find snow cheers, 4 days of riding and drinking in the evening with the boys.:beer:

Top Bottom