McBride Conditions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I spoke with the Ladies at North Country Lodge, They were telling me that the sledders were quite happy with the conditions, except for the wind. There had a foot of fresh snow today and it snows daily.

Hope the wind dies and they get a good dump on the weekend all ready for next week..

RON

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Renshaw, snow was wind blown but still lots of powder on N.E. faces..lots of wind loading. Snowed on Thursday and sunny Friday afternoon. Didn't go far past Ghost lake as we had two rookies but they did exceptionally well...kids have no fear of pain!!! Lots of deep stuff in the bush. Did not meet anyone that had been to S. Dore but there is probably enough snow to cross the last cutblock,once you get past there the rest should be easy. Hope this helps those heading out. Check avy warning before heading out, ride smart,park safe and have a merry X-mas.

rosey

Reaction score
does anyone know if its suppose to snow in mcbride this week? also wondering what the temps are like up their right now and maybe this week?

diggers

Reaction score
Could also click on the weather icons on home page near the bottom on the left side...... back to the gifts now still no new sled :Ccry:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im leaving for McBride today at noon and see its clear today with snow tommorow and then clearing with occasional snow. Sweet, I'll get on here at night and post daily conditions from McBride. Im staying at North Country, See ya there.

RON

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
McBride

Ron, we leave for McBride on Thursday afternoon. I'm looking forward to your updates so we know what to expect. Like everyone, we are hoping for warm weather & lots of snow.
Say Hi if you see us in McBride - sledbunnytracing-White 02 Chev Deisel quad cab, four place open trailer, 06 Ski Doo RT1000, 02 800 Polaris RMK Mod, 99 700 Polaris RMK and a 98 600 Yamaha Mtn Max.
Cheers

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm headed out to mcbride on the morning of the 28th, headed for lucile (i think) the first day. Buddy of mine just had some work done on sled, so hopefully it'll run well. Staying at north country lodge too. hope to you guys there
:wavymsn:

Cory

2002 800 rmk 151

Attachments

• 10579.jpg
    10579.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Conditions Dec 27

We rode renshaw today. The ride up was great as Les has done a great job grooming. There was only 3 - 4" of fresh snow, If you went looking for it you could find area's that had 1 - 1 1/2' powder. We went all the way to Blackwater Creek and had a great time. Check the pics in the Photo Gallery... There was a sled that had alot of damage left behind, Were hoping the rider is OK. I ran out of gas on the trail going down, that means I had a good day...

For the remaining pics see the photo gallery under rknight111 mc bride trip

RON:thumbsup2:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
McBride

If you hear any more about the guy hurt please post it.
Great photo's Ron. Looking forward to playing there tomorrow. We will be in McBride sometime this afternoon and will look you up at the hotel tonight.

Cheers and ride safe.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Conditions Dec 28

We rode Renshaw again today, we went towards Sprit Lake. You can find some good snow if you look for it. We found alot of area's untouched in the bush and in open mountain area's, Up to 1 - 1/2'. In the more popular area's the snow was just pounded, every where you looked sled tracks, not alot of untouched snow.

The Apex turbo was brand new, first ride out. The other storey was un-true, we ran into the people today and what happened is earlier on the handlebars broke off jumping, they had to get it back to the truck while trying the troddle cable being not in its proper position stuck open, the sled launched in full throddle, the turbo wound up and bang. Thats a much happier story than the original, Good no one was hurt. You sure have to watch what you hear, boy a story can get changed in a heartbeat..

And thanks to the McBride Sledding Association for the new heater in the Renshaw Cabin it works great, now lets all treat it nice..

I will post pics and videos later..

RON :Cool9:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Friday Dec 30

We rode Renshaw again today, we went in the back way at about km 21, found good powder to boondock in and the occasional hill to himark. Then we went up the old way into blackwater and played a bit, the snow was very wind driven and hard. Had to drive and look for area's, and we found lots to keep us more than satisfied. Alot of good drift banging, We were suprised there was not alot of people playing in the area's we went to, its was quite empty, even though the parking lot was full, we hardly seen anyone.

One of the guys in the group had some serious problems with his Cat, the main shaft that holds the drivers broke. I tried to haul it back with my sled with the back end on my back of my tunnel and I became unsuccesfull, going up a big hill was impossible. We left his sled and decided to get a crazy carpet or sled to tow in back on. We went to our friends at Ride N Hide, they got us a metal tow behind toboggan and a hitch for the back of a sled. After supper we all decided to head out and get this snowmobile. As we refueled the snowmobiles it started snowing good which worried us a little, because if it looks not good when we arrived at the staging area we would abort the mission. Well it stopped snowing and the sky cleared, the moon was shining good. So we heading up the trail, we ran into Les the groomer 3/4 of the way up, he was heading back down, so the trail was nice for our ride up. We arrived at the cabin it was probably around 11:00pm, and made the decision to continue. We went through several bowls and finally made it to the sled, Put it on the toboggan and started heading back. Now we had to cut a trail up as it had snowed and blowed, we ran the sleds in a line up and then our friend Gerald with his Apex headed up. 1st try unsucessfull, then he took a huge run and made it on the second. That was the first of many hills and it wasn't looking that good. The second hill was much larger we tried over 15 times and gave up. Gerald tried and took runs where at the bottom of the hill he was doing over 50 m/hr where half way up he had to turn out. Yes, turn out with a sled in tow. So we left the sled and headed home. We will return with a chopper today :eek: Ouch. We got back to the hotel at 3:00 BC time. Thanks to all our sledder buddies that tried and Ride N Hide. I'll post some pics and the final outcome later.

RON

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Our Trip

Rode with Ron,Bernie and Claude. Had a good trip up untill we had a sled breakdown. Did a late night run with Ron,Craig,Gerald and Claude, To recover the sled. Unsuccessful.:confused: Ron and Claude went back saturday to get GPS for helicopter. I didn't get up there(still tired from the night ride). 2 guys came and pulled it up for us. Awesome.

Hey Sledbunny I am awake now.haha.

Had to go back a ways to get to powder. Still had a good time. :Snowmobile1:
Steve

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Awake

Hi Summit: Are You Sure You're Awake?? Gerald And Craig Sure Looked Tired Too..... Did Those Two Guys From Hinton/edson That Pulled Out The Cat, Charge Anything For Dooing That??? I Never Heard Ron Say Anything About That....... Either Way, It Would've Been Way Cheaper Than Helicopter. Still A Great Story, You Guys Heading Up That Nite, And I Shoulda Gone, But Just Too Tired........ Later Buddy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We were to head home on Saturday morning but we had to stay untill we dealt with this dead sled. I called Yellowhead helicopters and got a price of $1600. Then went to the renshaw staging area, Steve and Bernie waited in the truck while Claude and myself went up to the cabin. We were heading up to get the GPS coordinates for the chopper. At the cabin I met up with a few folks and told then about what happened and they suggested they go look at the sled and they have gotten sleds out of bad situations before. As it was snowing now quite hard, only a few of us headed out, Claude stayed at the cabin. Josh and his dad, were the ones that took the challange to tow the sled back. We snowmobiled up there in white out conditions, located the sled, within minutes they had the Cat on the back of the Skidoo, there was a rack on the back. They tied it down and tied the skidoo to an Artic Cat for the lead sled. Josh was driving the lead sled, his dad was in tow. I think the other 2 people were a brother and another friend. They were helping with rigging and navigation. We started heading for the cabin, these guys flew, wow. Up hills you could tell these guys new what each other was doing or going to do, they had to sidehill and ride with 500 lbs in tow. They made it back to the cabin. Nice Job guys. Claude gave them $500, alot cheaper than a chopper.

Above is a photo of the guys who helped us out.
There is more to view in the photo gallery

Thanks for all of your help

Otherwise I wasn't really planning on a report for todays conditions but while we were doing the sled recovery it was snowing quite good and all the old tracks were covered up and there was about 4" fresh powder in the time I was up there and it was now getting sunny so it looked to be good day for snowmobiling.

RON

Top Bottom