McBride Conditions

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: 670x

You won't have much trouble... those are still great sleds, and you will have lots of fun on it. I have a '99 670x and drove it up there for a year stock, before I started modding it. Obviously can't hang as high as the big guys, but its still a great sled to play with. GO AND HAVE A GREAT TIME.:thumbsup2:

Attachments

• 6124.jpg
    6124.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 48

zooman

Reaction score
Rode the Renshaw on the 10th. It was great early conditions, still lots rocks ect under the snow so watch out..
Dip over the saddle and fallowed the single track to the middle valley and looked as all the tracks when northeast so we went west and droped into the lake WOW not a track in site. We, the two of us cut up the lake and hills it was my best first day ever...
The tops of the mountains facing west and east are very wind blowin.Temp were really warm with a warm wind.

The trail was in great shape and just keep getting better. Me likey soon we came across the groomer, yehh .He was about halfway and move good. At about three quarters of the way the trail went to the snowpro 500 with a coulpe single creek crossings.The good news was on the way back the groom had made it about 1 or 2 km from the bottom where the trail heads up the steeper stuff so maybe he made it to the cabin by now..
The bad news the cabin looked like sh!t. Just goes to show that we are all a BUNCH OF PIG,GROWN UP AND PACK YOUR SH!T OUT..

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
About the cabin

I don't understand that. A bunch nice of people raised money and volunteered their personal time to build it for "US", the riders. Is it so hard for someone (or a group) to be respectful, keep it clean, don't rip stuff off the walls or damage things and pack their crap out. It's wrong and we shouldn't tollerate it. That being said, the last time I saw someone leaving junk it was beer cans and they were in no shape to drive let alone know what was right...and there would have been a fight if someone spoke up. And were not talking young people here, were talking middle aged respected business people that are part of the problem.
So what do you do?

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up for four days. Good snow not as much as people were saying thou. They are grooming all 3 areas which is nice. It had warmed up down low but it was snowing at the parking lot for Bell this afternoon.

rosey

Reaction score
hey everyone. we are heading to mcbride on the 26th through to the 30th just wondering where does one go to get some good ridiing and some nice hills to climb? 1st time going to mcbride so any help would be great thanks. can hardly wait!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
McBride

Hi Rosey, there are three ranges to ride. All have groomed trails.
Bell is the easiest. Some climbing but mostly big hills in the main area and a short ride up
Lucelle is easy as well and includes a bunch of good climbing. It's small and easy to get around in. Short ride up.
Renshaw is a long ride up and ranges from beginner to expert. It's got a great area to play in right around the cabin. You can explore safely to the right by going up and over a small range. Fairly easy riding.
If you go to the left you can work your way over the saddles and head into the back country. Someone with experence inthe area will be requred if you go to far back.
To help you here is a link to the ranges:

Have a good time, ride careful and have the right avalanche gear. Watch for sledbunnyracing logos and ig you see us say hi.

Cheers

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dore Mt

HAS ANYONE BEEN INTO DORE MT YET JUST OUT SIDE OF MCBRIDE. IT IS AWSOME RIDING IN THERE.:nono:
:nono:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Dore Mt????

HEY POWDERCHOWDER: WHERE IS DORE MT.???? DOO U HAVE A MAP SHOWING IT??? I KNOW WHERE HORSEY CREEK, RENSHAW, LUCILLE, AND BELL ARE, BUT, NEVER HEARD OF DORE MT. THANKS :confused:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey POWDERCHOWDER,
Have you been in there this year.Heard from the guys that took us in there that you shouldn't go in there till late winter,early spring till all the slide areas let go.Did you go in the North or South Dore?

BigDog67

rosey

Reaction score
thanks for the info sledbunny and if we see you, we will be sure to say hi. thanks again

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dore river upstream = Dore Glacier.
Steep and deep and Avy city. Best ridden in the spring.
Plus parts are heli-ski tenure and they get pissed off if you don't know where you are going.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poleman is correct ...this is the most active avy area I have ever seen. Watched two slides in one day in mid April,you have to cross and climb slides to get in at any time of the season. Be very familiar with your avy gear. Bottom line .....this is NOT a beginner to intermediate area! Other than that it's an O.K. place to ride.

canadude

Reaction score
Rode Bell on the 15th and Renshaw on the 16th.Bell was overcast with the sun sticking out periodically.Good snow and nice new cabin for warming up. Renshaw was blue sky all day with snow coming over the hood all day. Excellent conditions all around!

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Have Not Been In Yet This Year, Just Wondering If Anyone Has. We Went In There Last Year 4 Or 5 Times, Both South And North
Dore.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Horsey Creek

Is Horsey Creek Just South Of Dunster, I Know There Is A Place To Ride There. I Just Don't Know If That Is What It Is Called.

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
south of DUNSTER eh? did'nt we stop there when paul was with us?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks For Reminding Me Of That Trip With Paul -35 At The Shaw Parking Lot. Snow Was Awsome, Temp Was Not. Never Again.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to Renshaw tonight, haven't heard of anyone in S Dore yet. Snowpack to unstable with the recent amount of loading. I would wait for at least 5 days of no/minimal snow before heading in. Ride smart and cross slides appropiatly, I'll ask riders in town if anyone's been in yet and post when I get back.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not really about McBride, but not to far away. Saw picturesof Kakwa on the B.C. side but it is a long haul in past Mt. Alexander(125KM). You can also get in from Grande Prarie, but it is another long ride in. Does anyone have info on access from Grande Cache. Been to Map Town but they don't have good coverage of the area. Any info would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom