MBRP or SLP can ?

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be upraging to a 09 D8 163 this winter, and After talking to a Polaris dealer in Edmonton they say you should be upgrading the stock can to either a MBRP or SLP if the sled will be used at lower elevation. I had an SLP on my 700 and it was lighter but did not sound a whole lot difrerent from stock.
what does the MBRP sound like. I do like to hear the engine but do not want something that will be too loud and annoying when riding for a full day. Is there a difference in performance ? What is the better choice ?

Trencher

Reaction score
Riders preference!

I have a 700 rmk and had both Mbrp And SLP cans on it, i think it is a rider specific choice, I went with the SLP but If you like your sled to be not as loud i would go with the MBRP, As for wieght loss they are simalar i belive the MBRP was a little heavier(Not enough to make a difference) but are bot still quite a bit lighter then the stock "Suitcase". Good luck buddy. You might also be able to hear how they sound if you check on YouTube.:d

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
i own a mbrp on my 09 D8 and i love the sound.
its loud yes but im used to having a loud sled, id say its about 3-4 pounds lighter than the SLP becuase it is half the size of the SLP
of course its loud if u want to be quiet stick with stock or slp, if your looking for a lightweight can they aint going to be quiet one bit:beer:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i own a mbrp on my 09 D8 and i love the sound.
its loud yes but im used to having a loud sled, id say its about 3-4 pounds lighter than the SLP becuase it is half the size of the SLP
of course its loud if u want to be quiet stick with stock or slp, if your looking for a lightweight can they aint going to be quiet one bit:beer:

Thanks for the info guys. Spoke to a dealer and they said they have actually had the baffles break on a couple of the SLP cans and feel the MBRP is a a little higher quality and as you said are supposed to be about twice as loud as the SLP. Based on this i think it will be MBRP all the way. Cheers !

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Spoke to a dealer and they said they have actually had the baffles break on a couple of the SLP cans and feel the MBRP is a a little higher quality and as you said are supposed to be about twice as loud as the SLP. Based on this i think it will be MBRP all the way. Cheers !

good choice :beer:

Chern889

Reaction score
MBRP used to have two loudness levels, race and trail. I had a race version on a 03 SKS700 and it was loud, i wore ear plugs all the time. But it was definately light.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you like a loud deep sound get a snow stuff rumbel pack......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGlPHP9WTB8[/media]

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the HPS can on my 09 D800.Well made and not too loud and about 10lbs lighter than the stock suitcase

SteamJunky

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the MBRP can or the SLP one but I put 'The Thing'' can on my 09 D8 163' and i love the sound. My sled just went in for that update but I havent picked it up yet, I'm hopeing the thing is compatable with the new upgrades.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the MBRP can or the SLP one but I put 'The Thing'' can on my 09 D8 163' and i love the sound. My sled just went in for that update but I havent picked it up yet, I'm hopeing the thing is compatable with the new upgrades.

got one on mine too,sounds cool with the slp pipe

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the slp y-pipe, pipe can combo. The thing can will fit on the slp pipe? Hope so, because i have one and would love to run it on the slp pipe. Lighter and louder. Not sure on performance. Keep us updated.

SteamJunky

Reaction score
Cool man, let me know how it goes, I just picked mine up with the updates and I'm going to Valemount/McBride area Dec 9th-13th, hopefully she runs good.

Top Bottom