MBRP can probe issue

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed my previously enjoyed MBRP can and when I install the probe the nut gets tight but the probe is still quite loose in there. Anyone else run into this? What's the fix?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking in the can the seat for the probe has a taper but the probe itself has a square shoulder. Am I missing a piece?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sensors supposedly changed over the years. My personal rule is no mbrp on doos

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo part or MBRP? They don't show it on the mbrp site. P/n is the same for all 800 etec.

Its a doo part.

When I installed mine it fell off and rolled across the floor, would not have known but i heard it hit the floor.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a doo part.

When I installed mine it fell off and rolled across the floor, would not have known but i heard it hit the floor.
Weird cuz the seat in the stock can is flat. I'll inquire when I'm at motortech on Friday.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the washer you are talking about the one below the nut or is there another one below that too?

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dale, that is a temperature probe and not an O2 probe, O2 needs to be tight and sealed. I have seen many sleds with temp probes loose, it is not a big deal, it will not effect anything.
As long as it is not flopping about, if all it does is doesn't seem to tighten up and your able to turn it when tighten that is not an issue. Many are like that, even from new.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dale, that is a temperature probe and not an O2 probe, O2 needs to be tight and sealed. I have seen many sleds with temp probes loose, it is not a big deal, it will not effect anything.
As long as it is not flopping about, if all it does is doesn't seem to tighten up and your able to turn it when tighten that is not an issue. Many are like that, even from new.
Ummmmm not really, it breaks the wires off if sensor isn't tight Mike

I have never seen a can one that the shaft would turn

Even a egt sensor in a diesel is tight and bottomed out, cause the wires will break off if not

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was tight in the stock can. In the MBRP it moves in and out about 1/16th of an inch. I'd say it needs to be tight to seal it and keep it from vibrating and failing. The washer tightened it up. It may seal also.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was tight in the stock can. In the MBRP it moves in and out about 1/16th of an inch. I'd say it needs to be tight to seal it and keep it from vibrating and failing. The washer tightened it up. It may seal also.
Up and down movement is too much, there should be no up and down for sure. But rotating not a big deal. More then have the sleds we see at CR the probes rotate.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure. I'll buy that you can rotate it with some light effort but definitely not swing around with ease. Or move in and out. I'll get it sorted.

I posted a pic earlier to see what I'm missing if anything.

Top Bottom