Maybe buying a new half ton - questions

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm the same.... we just bought the wifes new to us SUV and after months of shopping and seeing how little 35-40K will get you on a new unit we ended up going with a 2011 4 Runner Limited only had 55k km and full 84 month 200k km warranty. The lady that bought this thing new in 2012 paid $68k and we paid 1/2.... The depreciation is something I have a real hard time dealing with.

I went and had a look and the cheapskate in me just cant do it. Think Im going to just keep my eye out for a used one. If you see any good deals on used half tons send them my way. Thanks for the feedback.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm the same.... we just bought the wifes new to us SUV and after months of shopping and seeing how little 35-40K will get you on a new unit we ended up going with a 2011 4 Runner Limited only had 55k km and full 84 month 200k km warranty. The lady that bought this thing new in 2012 paid $68k and we paid 1/2.... The depreciation is something I have a real hard time dealing with.

I agree completely. A couple years ago I picked up a fully loaded Mitsubishi rvr for 23k. Original owner paid 40 and when I got it (it was 2 years old) it had 17000km. I don't know how people can take losses like that but I'm fine with it when it works in my favour

Top Bottom