Hyundai Santa Fe

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to replace the wife’s buggy?
Have had Escalades ,Denali’s ,Jeep Rubicon and all sorts . Lol
Always buy good used but seems really hard right now as people owe way to much and are priced way to high. IMO
After looking at all differently ones these new Santa Fe’s seem like a really nice unit with the turbo charged 2.0.
Bumper to bumper warranty till 100k
Looked up consumer reports and most are really good .
Any one have opinions on them ?
Thanks in advance

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2015 limited with the 2.0, has been very good, not a luxury vehicle but wife sure likes it. Has about 60k on it. Bang for the buck is there for sure

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No experience with the Hyundai, but I'd also look at a Volkswagen Tiguan. My parents have a 2013 with 150k and haven't done anything except for brakes, tires and oil changes, and it's great on fuel, they average just over 8L/100km on the highway.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to replace the wife’s buggy?
Have had Escalades ,Denali’s ,Jeep Rubicon and all sorts . Lol
Always buy good used but seems really hard right now as people owe way to much and are priced way to high. IMO
After looking at all differently ones these new Santa Fe’s seem like a really nice unit with the turbo charged 2.0.
Bumper to bumper warranty till 100k
Looked up consumer reports and most are really good .
Any one have opinions on them ?
Thanks in advance
I had a 2011 and now a2015, my opinion is as you stated. Zero Finnance 5 yr warranty. My 15 has been awesome, 90 k now and no problems, some do have issues but it’s covered by warranty right. The car drives good and the wife likes it, as mentioned it’s no a luxury car, some road noise but new under $40k wins me over. Don’t think there’s much value at the end but again cheep transportation for the money, Kia is also comparable with the same perks and is in the same family as Hyundai.
honestly I don’t think you can go wrong, I have been quite happy with them.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife had one, she liked it and I hated it. I am more of a truck guy so the larger SUV’s feel better to me. Hers had the V6 rather than the turbo 4. I always found I was looking for more room.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had one for 2 years. Zero issues. I believe it was a 2014

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmm $38 k or $138 k . the Rover is a good option but Lamborghini is now making a suv if money is no object. Pennys per km your best bet should be with the Hyundai.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My wife has had two Genesis Coupes and both had the V6.5 litre motor. Very well finished and no issues. Just like stated above; oil change and tires. Insurance isn't as high on the V6.5l as compared to the turbo.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My trophy wife has a 2014 Santa Fe sport limited with the direct injected 2.0T. Its been a great vehicle so far. it has 97,000 on it now and have only replaced 1 driver door lock actuator (300$ installed) to this point and regular maintenance. The good thing about them is they have a lot of standard options. Heated steering wheel, 3M on the whole front and door handles and edges, heated and cooled leather in the front and heated in the back row, built in window shades in the back are great for kids. Some come with winter tires/rim, ours did. 265hp, 265 ft/lbs is no joke and we see 8L/100 on the highway commonly, probably 11L/100 in the city and idling. I have taken it from Edmonton to Kamloops a few times and on mountain snowboard trips too, it's confident on ice/snow with AWD lockable or auto. It can pull a fair bit but we've only used it to move a boat around the block type of thing, not what we bought it for... it does have a smaller fuel tank if I had to complain about anything. I like the plastic fender lips too, ours looks new still.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are some decent deals out there on low k toyota venzas. we picked up a 13 a couple years ago with 48k. great car. its big inside and i can drive it for hours and not get cramped up. v6 has plenty of jam and pretty good milage.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmmm $38 k or $138 k . the Rover is a good option but Lamborghini is now making a suv if money is no object. Pennys per km your best bet should be with the Hyundai.

ferrari has one too. I'd go with that.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My folks had an 07 Sante Fe, then a 13 Elantra, and now a 19 Kona..... they are definite Hyundai fans now..... I'm looking for a good used elantra to replace my focus with.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife drives a 14 xl limited.

110,000 km and zero issues. Even the tires are still original and will last the summer.

Only issue is my family is bigger now, so gonna need to upgrade to a suburban to haul hockey bags.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never even thought about buying something like this ?
Have always been Ford or GM. Last Ford I had “2016 f150”was complete junk . Daughters 2016 limited explorer was completely junk and they dumped at 59000 kms due to so many problems and took a loss.
Warranty on the Hyundai is the best I have found and with buying brand new for close to the price of a good used domestic suv ???
Seems like most have really good luck with them .
Hmmmm

Top Bottom