May Long

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is doin for May long, maybe few of us can hook up an do some riding that weekend..My quad will be done on tuesday, so ill be ready to play harder than ever

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to hit our may lake trail, just a one day ( full) day ride for experienced mudders. there is lots of camping around here.

I havent done it for about 4 yrs. Last time was helping on a rally that we put on - ended up being over 750 atvs there, we left to do the sweep lap at about 1pm saturday got back sunday 3pm.... boy do i have stories, not to mention the meeting we had to have with F&W ,, to say it turned into a ch!t show would be an understatement, bottom line is come prepared, use your head and its a good ride. We wouldnt have had any trouble as most didnt but we did end up with about 11 rescue-eee's that were soaked to the skin, no mud gear, no helmets (stupid) to many beverages= no common sense.

we had done that ride over a dozen times in the past and no problems.

so if there are any interested in a good day of quading let me know - i just need clearance from the Tower- and i will be there for the day. not sure which quad to ride- thundercat or tracked mudpro?

T

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have been on that ride i loved it but it was a little too much muskeg, some guys & gals stayed overnight. If they had a rally there agaign I wouldnt go Waaaaaaaaaaay to much skag. We did have a blast but i am too old for that shi!t now. It seemed like it was one muskeg after the other.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the nice thing about may lake is you have alot of choices, you can go around most of the ugly holes and use your head in the other ones and get accross no problem, plus there wont be anything close to the 750 Plus people there, maybe 60-100 max, and there are always lots of people around. so thats my take on it.

Trust me i know iwas in the group that stayed over nite, and much to everyones dismay our group of 6 could have made it out but the 5 that we were pulling, could not, and we werent leaving them there...did i mention it froze that nite, brrrrrrr .. quite frankly in all my 46 yrs that was i can say the only ride that i will say i might have missed,,,,nah too many stories, and to see the low riders ( hondas) that my buds were towing out, if only i had a camera.....

T.

judge is still in the tower....i await clearance...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres a couple of campsites, marie lake, its right beside the trail,, otherwise im not sure its within 20 minutes for me so no camping done by me,, actually you could probably poach some dirt somewhere, unless your driving a 40 ft trailer...

T

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ANd that would be the problem.. The toyhauler is not a small unit to try and explore with.. May just have to do a day trip up that way.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys can go get muddy, I'm going sled'n.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys can go get muddy, I'm going sled'n.

you know its not nice to brag, you are not playing fair....

have a nice weekend, wish i was sledding too, but have to keep a chin up and keep a motor running quad or bike or sled....

see you in the fall...

T

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of ours has a place at Crane Lake. We are going riding around there May long.

What is it like?

Top Bottom