Maxxis 4snow tires any opinions?

Jimbow007

Reaction score
I'm think of buying a set of the maxxis 4snow tires for my Banshee and Blaster. Anyone running them on their Banshee's or any other rides? And what's your opinion of them.

I tried studding last year. Great on ice but not so good in the snow.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
How deep is the snow you plan to run them in?

The snow is 6-8" on average. Sometimes deeper around here.

Most of the time I'll be running on a packed trails. But I like to venture out every now and then and play in the fresh stuff.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps but .....

When I had my Warrior, I ran "Bearclaws". :d They worked AWESOME !!! Lots of traction !! They are a bit heavy so might work better for your Banshee than the Blaster.I could run thru the snow really good and would shoot snow out the back pretty far !!! ( I raced my buddy on his 660 Griz on the "Battle River"and I kicked his butt !!! After I got 3 quad lenghts in front of him he couldn't stay behind me for the amount of snow and ice I was throwing !!) Worked good on hard pack (snowmobile trails and the river) and would chew thru soft stuff (fields,etc.) really well too.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, I had the bear claws on my banshee when I first bought it and they were alright. Don't get me wrong, they probably work well on a four stroke but if you have a banshee you know how hard it is to get traction on dirt let alone in the snow. they worked decent on the hard packed but weren't good in the fresh stuff. I would get a set of PROWEDGE 2's

Jimbow007

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was a the dealer today and was talking to them about the 4-Snows. They didn't recommend them for my Banshee (nurf bars are a issue). They recommended paddles for the snow and studding my razors again for the ice.

However they did recommend the 4-snow for the Blaster.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the 4-snows should contact the nerf bars if that's what he's talking about. I have them on mine and there a few inches from the factory guard. Nice tall tire great for clearance, not to heavy so they rotate very nice. They say that tire should swell the faster it spins. Use them last year and worked great . I think I paid like$70 each.

Merry Christmas all you Snow and Mud quadders.:)

Top Bottom