master cylinder protection

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone make any kind of guard for the xm brake master cylnder? or is replacing the factory plastic piece when it breaks just a part of owning a xm?

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question
i had several buddy's that broke there's last year and had to wait for backorders to come in
is there a better replacement

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 2 xp's and they have aluminum master cyls, the xm is a plastic piece of shiet!! someone must make something, i have searched and cant find nothing. same as you giddyup, have had several friends with no brakes while waiting for parts

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit smaller trees?

My Old RT had a full aluminum master and lever. I don't see why if a guy was in a pinch he couldn't order from from one the older models and run that?

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
i have 2 xp's and they have aluminum master cyls, the xm is a plastic piece of shiet!! someone must make something, i have searched and cant find nothing. same as you giddyup, have had several friends with no brakes while waiting for parts

The point is hand guards cover the master cylinder

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hand guards do nothing to protect the cylinder when u roll the sled over like is common in the mtns when unstucking a sled. A 2012 setup would work but I do believe the brake light wiring won't work. I am just trying to find a fix before I break mine off out in the hills and have to ride with no brakes

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Just giving my experience, cheap hand guards do break. Rolled my sled countless times to get unstuck never had an issue breaking hand guards. If your rolling your sled to get unstuck and its hard enough that your going to break off your master cylinder snow must be pretty setup. One thing that does help is having the cylinder bar mount just snug so it can rotate.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update use if you try the 2012 brake and let us know if the brake light will work with it, i would have to buy a spare one just because,

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update use if you try the 2012 brake and let us know if the brake light will work with it, i would have to buy a spare one just because,
The brake light will work but you need to buy the brake light switch for the 2012. I had issues with breaking my brake light switch on my rev, I put a 2010 XP master cylinder and brake switch on it and never had a problem with the switch breaking again. Never broke a master cylinder either.

Top Bottom