Marine Mechanic Needed

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Does anyone on the Snow and Mud site work as a marine mechanic. I have a 1989 Seadoo that has a rock stuck in the impeller and would like to have it fixed before the season starts.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you need to be a marine mechanic to take it apart and repair/remove the rock.

I'm not trying to be a smart azz, just asking

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had that happen last year and its not hard to do just remember how it comes apart is the way it goes back together. sorry i cant give any instruction but i dont think a mechanic is needed we did it up at the lake even lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get in side and try to turn the engine backward by hand.....rock should just fall out.....I was a sea doo tec years ago........if not it is easy to pull the pump apart......wait till it sucks in 75 feet of ski rope lol......

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
How bad is it?
If the rocks in there good you can try to get underneath with something long and gently knock it out, turn the motor by hand back and forth, or get at it through the back of the pump. Lots of times it's ok but I have seen bent driveshafts. Plus rocks can rip the replaceable impeller ring, bend the impeller or damage the pump housing. I've even seen grit clog the water lines.

Again, how bad is yours?

mountaincatab

Reaction score
I've tried pulling it apart, but not sucessful. Seems to be a snap ring or something needs to be removed, I just don't want to cause more damage than I already did sucking up rock

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried pulling it apart, but not sucessful. Seems to be a snap ring or something needs to be removed, I just don't want to cause more damage than I already did sucking up rock

have you tried rolling the engine over backwards? take the plugs out and roll it over by hand backwards!

mountaincatab

Reaction score
How bad is it?
If the rocks in there good you can try to get underneath with something long and gently knock it out, turn the motor by hand back and forth, or get at it through the back of the pump. Lots of times it's ok but I have seen bent driveshafts. Plus rocks can rip the replaceable impeller ring, bend the impeller or damage the pump housing. I've even seen grit clog the water lines.

Again, how bad is yours?

I dunno pretty bad I suppose, starting it up and giving it a little throttle the shaft looks like she wants to bend but it's not moving. Was wondering if maybe a bearing let go or something. I'm not to mechinacally inclined enough to know what's going on with it.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno pretty bad I suppose, starting it up and giving it a little throttle the shaft looks like she wants to bend but it's not moving. Was wondering if maybe a bearing let go or something. I'm not to mechinacally inclined enough to know what's going on with it.

ok ...think it might not be a jammed rock if you can start it......the end cone runs out of oil and then you have problems.......I think you wil be taking it apart.

Top Bottom