marine audio

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of systems are u guys running in your boats i phoned jbs they are trying to sell me rockford fossgate 3000 watt for $3200 installed sounds cheap and certified was going to sell me all jl audio for $6000 i want 6 speakers 2 subs amp and head unit :d that should make it shake

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetsounds is bar far the best marine audio money can buy...imo. Certified radio is a dealer in Edmonton. Be prepared to spend $1100 on just a pair of tower speakers unless they've come down with the strong dollar but you will hear the music clear as day while boarding at 80'. I understand you run a jet but you still get the idea how high quality this equipment is. They also sell subs, amps, and spekaers to go in the cabin. Check out the website with some of their crazy builds. Wet Sounds Marine Audio l Wakeboard Tower Speakers, Amplifiers, Accessories

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
what kind of systems are u guys running in your boats i phoned jbs they are trying to sell me rockford fossgate 3000 watt for $3200 installed sounds cheap and certified was going to sell me all jl audio for $6000 i want 6 speakers 2 subs amp and head unit :d that should make it shake

system like that you'll want 2 amps.... 1 for the subs, and 1 for the 6 speakers.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetsounds is bar far the best marine audio money can buy...imo. Certified radio is a dealer in Edmonton. Be prepared to spend $1100 on just a pair of tower speakers unless they've come down with the strong dollar but you will hear the music clear as day while boarding at 80'. I understand you run a jet but you still get the idea how high quality this equipment is. They also sell subs, amps, and spekaers to go in the cabin. Check out the website with some of their crazy builds. Wet Sounds Marine Audio l Wakeboard Tower Speakers, Amplifiers, Accessories

yup Wetsounds is the best money can buy right now,, but ya not cheap....

local boys Alberta,,,,,, Roswell,, check em out,, high end gear for sure,, Im running their tower speakers,, very nioce,,

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup Wetsounds is the best money can buy right now,, but ya not cheap....

local boys Alberta,,,,,, Roswell,, check em out,, high end gear for sure,, Im running their tower speakers,, very nioce,,

Good call JT, i ran their system on my first malibu, got to know the owner quite well, hung out at his shop alittle over on the southside but i thought he moved all his production to Asia to reduce build costs????? anyway like already mentiond good shat!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_2414.jpg
    100_2414.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 183

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good call JT, i ran their system on my first malibu, got to know the owner quite well, hung out at his shop alittle over on the southside but i thought he moved all his production to Asia to reduce build costs????? anyway like already mentiond good shat!!!!!

well that is probably corect, they still list there local adress on the site.,,but we cant compete with Asian manufacturing cost at high volume so its only fair I guess,,,

come on summer

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost, you always rant about the cheapest is never the best so you better buy the MOST EXPENSIVE to uphold your reputation!!!:d:d

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far guys. Looking to install tower speakers on the water toy this year. :)

Waxy

Reaction score
You guys are aware of how sound travels over water right? You know that if you can hear your music while wakeboarding 80' back that everyone for a 1/2 mile can hear it? You know that not everyone within a 1/2 mile wants to hear it right? If you didn't, now you do.

I hope I don't have to share the lake with any of you...

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are aware of how sound travels over water right? You know that if you can hear your music while wakeboarding 80' back that everyone for a 1/2 mile can hear it? You know that not everyone within a 1/2 mile wants to hear it right? If you didn't, now you do.

i would suggest you go get a bigger stereo then...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wow man,,, that be like me saying you know how bad curry smells well fawk I hope I dont have to share my country with them!!!! we are in Alberta here and hey my neck has some red but easy man.....

it doesnt travel that far,,, as a 350hp monster rips by I hear that over my stereo lol,,, or I hear my god damn neighbours kids screaming but who cares Im on the lake:d

p.s. I board at 70ft:d and surf at 5ft back,,,

man only if my big azz surf wake could hold sound now that would give you a heart attack I think:p

Waxy

Reaction score
wow man,,, that be like me saying you know how bad curry smells well fawk I hope I dont have to share my country with them!!!! we are in Alberta here and hey my neck has some red but easy man.....

it doesnt travel that far,,, as a 350hp monster rips by I hear that over my stereo lol,,, or I hear my god damn neighbours kids screaming but who cares Im on the lake:d

p.s. I board at 70ft:d and surf at 5ft back,,,

man only if my big azz surf wake could hold sound now that would give you a heart attack I think:p

You've got it wrong, it's about respect, and I'm the only one here showing it. Wakeboard, waterski, surf, do whatever you like, I've been there too, and I'll be the last guy to say anything about it, as long as you're at least TRYING to do it in a way that's respectful and pizzes off the least possible number of people. Talking about installing the loudest possible stereo on your boat, or bragging about how loud it is and how big the wake is, is the opposite of that, it shows a total disregard for others.

I respect others, doesn't matter if we're talking about curry (a completely ridiculous analogy by the way), loud stereos, or controlling screaming kids. It's about realizing that I'm not the only person on the lake, that others might not share the same tastes as me, and trying to at least limit the things I do that may negatively affect others. It starts by simply being aware of how what you're doing might be affecting others, giving a damn about it, and acting accordingly. It's common sense and common courtesy, unfortunately, neither is actually common these days.

I'm sure this is all in one ear and out the other, and I won't post about it again, but even if I've made anyone pause for one second and think about it, then it was worth it.

Waxy

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've got it wrong, it's about respect, and I'm the only one here showing it. Wakeboard, waterski, surf, do whatever you like, I've been there too, and I'll be the last guy to say anything about it, as long as you're at least TRYING to do it in a way that's respectful and pizzes off the least possible number of people. Talking about installing the loudest possible stereo on your boat, or bragging about how loud it is and how big the wake is, is the opposite of that, it shows a total disregard for others.

I respect others, doesn't matter if we're talking about curry (a completely ridiculous analogy by the way), loud stereos, or controlling screaming kids. It's about realizing that I'm not the only person on the lake, that others might not share the same tastes as me, and trying to at least limit the things I do that may negatively affect others. It starts by simply being aware of how what you're doing might be affecting others, giving a damn about it, and acting accordingly. It's common sense and common courtesy, unfortunately, neither is actually common these days.

I'm sure this is all in one ear and out the other, and I won't post about it again, but even if I've made anyone pause for one second and think about it, then it was worth it.

Waxy

the rediculous analogy was responding to rediculous statement,,

you cant just assume we are those azzhats..... I do agree with respecting others, I personaly do not have a huge stereo just mid line,, if I had the money I would have a bigger one and a bigger boat doesnt mean I will run about pizzing all over people......

Im the guy at the dock boosting some guy, or helping a newbie land his rig in the wind or taking some kid off shore for a quick 5 minute rip because his mom asked..... so dont assume anything man.

but ya hopefuly your coments did make one less azzhat on this planet...:beer:

Last edited:

Waxy

Reaction score
the rediculous analogy was responding to rediculous statement,,

Can you explain to me what's "ridiculous" about not wanting to share my time on the lake with someone blasting a loud stereo? If I'm there looking for some peace and quiet, there's not a whole lot I could do about it other than end my day and leave.

How the hell does that translate to me being racist? It doesn't...

you cant just assume we are those azzhats..... I do agree with respecting others, I personaly do not have a huge stereo just mid line,, if I had the money I would have a bigger one and a bigger boat doesnt mean I will run about pizzing all over people......

Im the guy at the dock boosting some guy, or helping a newbie land his rig in the wind or taking some kid off shore for a quick 5 minute rip because his mom asked..... so dont assume anything man.

but ya hopefuly your coments did make one less azzhat on this planet...:beer:

Your right. I made assumptions based on what you and others have posted that may not have been entirely fair. I don't doubt for a moment that you're a good guy and help others when you can. :beer:

However, read the OP and the post that followed it. Even if they're doing their best to be respectful of others, there's no real way to use a stereo system like that and not pizz off others that don't want to hear their music. Even crappy tower speakers carry a LONG way over the water, let alone a premium 3000W system designed to be clear 80' away over the sound of the boat. Quite frankly, it's impossible to play music at that volume, directed out from the boat, and not affect everyone around you, so I don't think it was all that unreasonable of an assumption or comment on my part when it comes to "marine audio" systems in general.

Waxy

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you explain to me what's "ridiculous" about not wanting to share my time on the lake with someone blasting a loud stereo? If I'm there looking for some peace and quiet, there's not a whole lot I could do about it other than end my day and leave.

How the hell does that translate to me being racist? It doesn't...

Your right. I made assumptions based on what you and others have posted that may not have been entirely fair. I don't doubt for a moment that you're a good guy and help others when you can. :beer:

However, read the OP and the post that followed it. Even if they're doing their best to be respectful of others, there's no real way to use a stereo system like that and not pizz off others that don't want to hear their music. Even crappy tower speakers carry a LONG way over the water, let alone a premium 3000W system designed to be clear 80' away over the sound of the boat. Quite frankly, it's impossible to play music at that volume, directed out from the boat, and not affect everyone around you, so I don't think it was all that unreasonable of an assumption or comment on my part when it comes to "marine audio" systems in general.

Waxy

Blow me, you don't have a clue who i am or what i do for others. Never assume partner!!!!!!:mad:

Top Bottom