Marijuana Legalization Canada

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a real $hit show..... JT and the rest didn't think this through ... Still doing focus groups and opionion surveys which should have been completed before pulling the trigger. Different rules in different provinces and municipalities....enforcement / education / addiction $ will be downloaded to the provinces ... Another PITA for employers for sure...as an owner we're supposed to be responsible for everyones safety so this just adds to the stress.

As for the retailers who are going to make their fortune, local guy here (NL) sold $5600 in two hours last night but at only 8% margin (gross) he pulled in $450 gross profit .... still lots of margin for illegals to cut their price .... will be interesting to see if in a couple of weeks time if the legal sales continue with the same enthusiasm and if they can continue to operate at 8% gross margin.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yesterday I asked my boss what the company rules are and we had a laugh about it

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a real $hit show..... JT and the rest didn't think this through ... Still doing focus groups and opionion surveys which should have been completed before pulling the trigger. Different rules in different provinces and municipalities....enforcement / education / addiction $ will be downloaded to the provinces ... Another PITA for employers for sure...as an owner we're supposed to be responsible for everyones safety so this just adds to the stress.

As for the retailers who are going to make their fortune, local guy here (NL) sold $5600 in two hours last night but at only 8% margin (gross) he pulled in $450 gross profit .... still lots of margin for illegals to cut their price .... will be interesting to see if in a couple of weeks time if the legal sales continue with the same enthusiasm and if they can continue to operate at 8% gross margin.
Wow 8% is brutal.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yesterday I asked my boss what the company rules are and we had a laugh about it

Ours don't change and impairment is impairment and possession is possession on site, the consequences are swift and I am the executioner.
Everybody has been getting the riot act for the last four weeks.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
69d928ca48d01987b9c46dc97494c42e.jpg

The line up outside Fire & Flower in St Albert currently

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ours don't change and impairment is impairment and possession is possession on site, the consequences are swift and I am the executioner.
Everybody has been getting the riot act for the last four weeks.

As it should be, company policies should not be changed, especially in safety sensitive positions, doesnt matter if its legal, medicinal or recreational.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I have young kids as well. Chocolate cake looks like chocolate cake, even to me I wouldnt know the difference if it was laced with THC.
At least my kids know what beer is cause it’s visually different to them.

So how many cleaning products do people leave under the counter that can make kids sick? Not many I bet, all these duscusions are full of so much bull****. It's not the candy or the weed or guns if you want to go there that are the problem. It's a people issue.
The government should have used laws like booze for weed use. Why re invent the wheel?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how many cleaning products do people leave under the counter that can make kids sick? Not many I bet, all these duscusions are full of so much bull****. It's not the candy or the weed or guns if you want to go there that are the problem. It's a people issue.
The government should have used laws like booze for weed use. Why re invent the wheel?

Its a valid concern that has not been well thought out by federal and provincial govts. Your right it is a people problem, people wanted it.

Im all for the medicinal purposes of the stuff. But I doubt the line up shown in the pics reflects the medicinal part of the argument.

Bet there are way more high people today then drunk ones. Lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
So who are all those people in line???
Not people with jobs ...cause they are all busy working so the welfare cases can stand in line for legal weed.
Our whole system needs to change. I'm really sick of working my azz off to pay taxes so a bunch of freeloaders can spend my money at the weed store in the morning.

Top Bottom