March 11/13 - is it to early to ride street bikes??

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode the 77 shovel home today. It was warm enough. Riding into work tomorrow? Not likely. Didnt get photos, was busy riding.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode to work today for the first time. I am working night shift so the roads were good both going to work at 1pm and coming home at 11:30pm. A little chilly on the highway but really not that bad considering I don't have a fairing or real windshield to hide behind anymore.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't ride to work this morning. I leave at seven and its kinda rude to fire this bastard up that early. It was also cold. But damned if I didn't go for a little scoot when I got home.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366342844.908113.jpg

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Goldwing still tucked away in the toyhauler we can't get to because of all the snow we still have in front of it from plowing the drive, and with how wet our drive is the toyhauler and truck would dissappear in the grave/sand. We will be waiting a few more weeks I think unless it gets warm long enough to dry everything.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its warm that wont take you long.
Nope, the hard part will have them being mostly city miles. They want me to be varying the revs lots and running up and down through the gears, though it's tough to ever get up to 6th on my bike, maybe a few runs down Stoney Trail to get up to speed to get into 6th.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Nope, the hard part will have them being mostly city miles. They want me to be varying the revs lots and running up and down through the gears, though it's tough to ever get up to 6th on my bike, maybe a few runs down Stoney Trail to get up to speed to get into 6th.

Your right, vary speeds sucks, not much highway in that.
What are you breaking in?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to post an updated pic of it when I get home. Threw on some accessories on it last month, done with the looks. Maybe just a suspension and exhaust upgrade left.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'll have to post an updated pic of it when I get home. Threw on some accessories on it last month, done with the looks. Maybe just a suspension and exhaust upgrade left.

For sure, always great to see a ride being changed to match our desires.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure, always great to see a ride being changed to match our desires.
Does anyone know a good suspension shop in Calgary? I will be throwing a CBR600RR shock on the back to improve the ride, and make it more suitable for someone of my stature, but I will need the forks looked at as well, and that is a little beyond my skills.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is one of the better mechanics I have known. His name is Kenny and number is 403-510-7837. He is working on his own right now and could help you out. Tell him Blake W sent you over.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to get you to post pics but I see you have to get it home first lol. I am waiting for the weather to co-operate so I can get some good pics of my bike. I like the black and whites with a nice background. Might have to go for a good ride to find some backgrounds!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, up at work right now. On a plane home tomorrow afternoon, and if the weather is good, a ride will probably be the first thing I do, and I'll snap a pic.

Top Bottom