March 11/13 - is it to early to ride street bikes??

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So I'm driving down the Whitemud on Monday at about 3pm and hear a rumble...sounds like Harley pipes, that can't be, there is still snow and ice everywhere....wrong...a guy in his 40's goes roaring by.
Weather was +4 and somewhat sunny.

So the question - When is it appropriate to put the street bike on the road?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden in the snow and some years have waited until everything is gone. Depends on the weather and my mood. Plus what I am riding at the time

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gravel scares this guy. That being said, sure would be nice to go for a snort around town today.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow storm coming in tonight. So it will be at least another week before I go for my first burn. Was starting to look good last night with the melt happening

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what is wrong with you pusses, in red deer ol glen turple +/- 85 yrs old rides his bike all year, oviously u guys are a little less manly than ol glen, better start manin up i think. :D

but then again the old guys where a tougher breed.:D

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean the guy that if he wrecks his bike he just walks in and grabs a new one? That turple?

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I work with rides his bike with sidecar all winter. So I guess its never to soon to ride.
I like to wait until we start to clean up the street a little first,
which will be a while with all this snow we got.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes ol glen rides every day, or just about, not sure why he still goes into work, must love it. not sure if he rides as much as he used to. but i can only wish i was that active. been in bike sales since 1956 i think. he rode the wheels off an old 70 honda 750. think the motor and bike had been rebuilt a few times.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And honestly if an 85 year wrecks what does he have to lose. If I get to be 85 I'd rather go out at 120 skidding sideways than slip in the bathtub.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

haha i'm pretty sure he likes livin, like the rest of us.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have talked to Glen. He is quite a character. I used to get my Norton parts through him, and talk about the good old days. I hope I'm still on two wheels when I'm his age.

Top Bottom