Map of the Renshaw landmarks?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
We've dropped in over the cornice before, sometimes you can sometime you just cant.
Ask Rusty, it's a real eyeopener.

its really not that bad but when you see the bottom of the track when i comes over the edge it is a bit scary....ps snowseeker was way more pissed about coming that way... worse is doubling up winebergers way worse..

Last edited by a moderator:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've dropped in over the cornice before, sometimes you can sometime you just cant.

its really not that bad but when you see the bottom of the track when i comes over the edge it is a bit scary....ps snowseeker was way more pissed about coming that way... worse is doubling up winebergers way worse..

HEE! HEE!..............Thanks again for that LOL!
Not that I seen em but I know you got em!
Was a day for the storybooks!
catmando!

Last edited by a moderator:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dropped a couple of cherrys over two years ago. They missed my HOLD signal and followed me down. Both on Short 121 track. They passed me on the way down, couldn't slow down. had to ride on of thier sleds out he couldn't make it out. I learned a new dance on a 121.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we will pick a nice sunny day and go play in the snow.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember one year we watched guys drop off the cornice turn around just to do it over and over again. BIG BALLS

there were a few tracks this past year as well, more than I got down there. i went of it but not on purpose. didn't turn out so well for me.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i might come out next week for a ride barry keep us posted

will take pic's and you can see for yourself. i will not be here after wed. as i am headed to edmonton and gone for 10 days in total.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be in edmonton wed and thurs. fly friday early so maybe, depends on what Judy has on my plate to do before we go. at this time, not sure what she has on my plate as usual.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya, daughter getting married in mexico on nov 10...ola. i know no spanish.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made that map a while back, we have more areas and lables on it now, blackwater, wineburgers, spirit lake, horsey, chalko, etc.... and it seems there are often more than one name for the same area.

I have a bit of an issue posting too much info online, its good to only go into areas you are familliar with, and explore WITH experienced area riders, I'd hate to see anyone get into a bad area just because they see it on my map.

Dean

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i made that map a while back, we have more areas and lables on it now, blackwater, wineburgers, spirit lake, horsey, chalko, etc.... And it seems there are often more than one name for the same area.

I have a bit of an issue posting too much info online, its good to only go into areas you are familliar with, and explore with experienced area riders, i'd hate to see anyone get into a bad area just because they see it on my map.

Dean
THAT'S A VERY GOOD POINT DEAN10!!!
and more, like pyramid mtn, alberta mountain, alberta side, waterfall, weinberger's bowl, x-over, pyramid lake, etc, etc,

summitrenter

Reaction score
When we started going to Renshaw, I bought a Topographical map from "maptown" in Calgary. It's o.k., but no landmarks are identified. We use our own gps and plot our waypoints. It would be real nice if there were some waypoints published for the Renshaw and given actual names.

On www.sledrevelstoke.com they have waypoints with common names for Boulder - this was very useful for us, as we were first timers in 2002, now going back in 2010 - the way points are still there.

Not much help, but maybe this will help to get some more "official" names and waypoints posted.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I made that map a while back, we have more areas and lables on it now, blackwater, wineburgers, spirit lake, horsey, chalko, etc.... and it seems there are often more than one name for the same area.

I have a bit of an issue posting too much info online, its good to only go into areas you are familliar with, and explore WITH experienced area riders, I'd hate to see anyone get into a bad area just because they see it on my map.

Dean

Well said, Dean. Easy to get into trouble in the backcountry for many reasons. First time visitors should check with one of the two sled shops or Adrenaline Tours and arrange to hook up with someone that is familiar with the area.

Top Bottom