Map of the Renshaw landmarks?

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I am an avid mtn rider and have been going to McBride for ten years this year. My fav spot is the Renshaw. It seems though that every time I go every one has a different opinion of the land marks in the Renshaw. For example the saddle, the steps, I have heard the black water and the list goes on. Is there someone who has pics labeled with there names? A map? Someone local would most likely know best. Thanks for all replies.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am an avid mtn rider and have been going to McBride for ten years this year. My fav spot is the Renshaw. It seems though that every time I go every one has a different opinion of the land marks in the Renshaw. For example the saddle, the steps, I have heard the black water and the list goes on. Is there someone who has pics labeled with there names? A map? Someone local would most likely know best. Thanks for all replies.

I agree, been riding there along time, family there. I'm thinking maybe with the help of some locals that have grown up there and are avid sledders ( Matt Elliot or the Jeck Family), Glen or Barry, could put together maps of Lucille, Bell and Renshaw with the areas/ landmarks named, post them in each cabin, maybe one in Spindrift. This could also become a valuable tool should sledders breakdown, or get into trouble out there, people could have something in common to refer to when giving directions to SAR, etc.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes with help from the locals even if a small fee for a map was availble just for printing costs or a mimiaml profit I would buy one. I got a snow and mud shirt. ;)

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Anybody? There has to be some one that can help us?

There are some really good maps here on the website. Go to the Main Forum page. At the Navigation Menu on the left hand side, choose "Riding & Staging Areas and Info". Once in there, click on "British Columbia" and scroll down till you get to Renshaw (Lucille is also there, not sure about Bell). Lots of info and maps there. Some of the guys print them out and laminate them to bring on their trips.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some really good maps here on the website. Go to the Main Forum page. At the Navigation Menu on the left hand side, choose "Riding & Staging Areas and Info". Once in there, click on "British Columbia" and scroll down till you get to Renshaw (Lucille is also there, not sure about Bell). Lots of info and maps there. Some of the guys print them out and laminate them to bring on their trips.

those dont seem to great ....mind you i dont have gps....i take it one would/could just download the coordinates into there gps ? are some of these areas in renshaw marked so the average guy could get to them?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about someone that is familiar with the are just pinpoint some spots on google earth and post them?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I think it could be a very valuable tool to the sledders in the area.

there is possibly a legal issue that is being looked into if we as a club put up maps of the back country. our responsibilty is to the cabin only from the parkinglots. after that you are on your own. if it works the wording that is going to be on the maps will cover us if we do a map. this is also not cheap and $$$ are a bit tight right now. will keep all updated as more info is available.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the correct map?

Attachments

• Map of Renshaw.jpg
    Map of Renshaw.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 807

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the correct map?

I believe the switchback is also referred to as Up and Over. and the Steps or Stairs is between the Saddle and the Switchback.

Not that I know for sure but just putting it out there.

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the anthills is a bit big and part of it we call the blackwater. the huge drop we call winebergers bowel and the only one missing is what we call the short cut to the back---straight left of the cabin and drop into the back. the trick is to make sure you stay far enough to the right when you drop in so you don't drop of that 80 foot cornice. will put something up later. but all is close in names and the circles are not to bad.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the anthills is a bit big and part of it we call the blackwater. the huge drop we call winebergers bowel and the only one missing is what we call the short cut to the back---straight left of the cabin and drop into the back. the trick is to make sure you stay far enough to the right when you drop in so you don't drop of that 80 foot cornice. will put something up later. but all is close in names and the circles are not to bad.

thanks. I know the one you're talking about. That is the one I know as up and over. Ya that one will put a pucker in your shorts if you don't know what you are doing. So Im not to sure about the switchback that must be more to the right of the Shortcut AKA Up and Over. Will have to get you to show me the next time I'm Up there.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Powderchowder and i went over that short cut one of our first times back there and its the only year that i can remember that the cornice was'nt there. We called it the drop of doom. Every year i see that cornice i think of that first time.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder and i went over that short cut one of our first times back there and its the only year that i can remember that the cornice was'nt there. We called it the drop of doom. Every year i see that cornice i think of that first time.

I remember one year we watched guys drop off the cornice turn around just to do it over and over again. BIG BALLS

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We've dropped in over the cornice before, sometimes you can sometime you just cant.
Ask Rusty, it's a real eyeopener.

Top Bottom