Man there's a lot of 2015+ sleds for sale!

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been searching the buy and sell sites for a sled. Ive been outta the sport for awhile and have been doing some searching for used 2015+ mountain sled. Unbelievable how many there are for sale. Some selling to get outta the sport but think it's mostly people wanting the new stuff. 2017- cats and yammies, they can hardly give them away.
I'm mostly interested in a summit or axys chassis 163. A few summit 174's got my attention but unsure about that.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been searching the buy and sell sites for a sled. Ive been outta the sport for awhile and have been doing some searching for used 2015+ mountain sled. Unbelievable how many there are for sale. Some selling to get outta the sport but think it's mostly people wanting the new stuff. 2017- cats and yammies, they can hardly give them away.
I'm mostly interested in a summit or axys chassis 163. A few summit 174's got my attention but unsure about that.

The good news is, the 2015 Polaris and Doos were very good mountain sleds.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know personally. Ive never owned a doo and the ploaris that i had way back when was a ditch banger.But anytime u read anything or watch a vid it's a Polaris or doo. Seems like cat maybe back in the game with this year's sled.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On here I don't see 174 but 1 new new and 1 turbo. They are like a tracker and gives you a little more thoughts when climbing lol.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know personally. Ive never owned a doo and the ploaris that i had way back when was a ditch banger.But anytime u read anything or watch a vid it's a Polaris or doo. Seems like cat maybe back in the game with this year's sled.
I was on a doo, but I went had a look at an 18 cat and ended up coming home with it.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron liquidated the old inventory and undoubtedly fawked the market for any non current sled.

But call around and see how many 2018 mountain cats are left, not many.

Dealers are saying Textron's mandate is to get the supply/demand back under control so I wouldn't count on any carryover 2018s.

I am not brand loyal at all, have owned sleds from all 3, all four if you count the enticer I grew up on.

But I find something funny.

Cats early release had rave reviews and no mechincal issues that I have heard of.
And no one here has really taken notice.

The 2017 850 had a few issues yet everyone has seemed to forget about that for the 2018 snowcheck. Have the problems been fixed? Time will tell.
Glad I held off and kept my t3.

Polaris held the status quo for 2018.
They have a sled that just works and probably one of their best engines ever, I think they will pick up a few riders this year.

Last edited:

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron liquidated the old inventory and undoubtedly fawked the market for any non current sled.

But call around and see how many 2018 mountain cats are left, not many.

Dealers are saying Textron's mandate is to get the supply/demand back under control so I wouldn't count on any carryover 2018s.

I am not brand loyal at all, have owned sleds from all 3, all four if you count the enticer I grew up on.

But I find something funny.

Cats early release had rave reviews and nonmechincal issues that I have heard of.
And no one here has really taken notice.

The 2017 850 had a few issues yet everyone has seemed to forget about that for the 2018 snowcheck. Have the problems been fixed? Time will tell.
Glad I held off and kept my t3.

Polaris held the status quo for 2018.
They have a sled that just works and probably one of their best engines ever, I think they will pick up a few riders this year.
I was in Edmonton a few weeks ago and stopped in to riverside to pick up a couple things. Ended up having a chat with one of the salesman for 10 mins. I let him know right away that I wasn't interested in purchasing a sled at all. Think he needed someone to talk to cause it wasn't busy at all. Sales were down a lot he said. Also lots of dealer listed 2018 listed on kijiji.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my 15 174 t3 best sled by far that I ever had from the big three.

Top Bottom