Made my own gauge lifter

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well was debating on a gauge lifter so decided to try to make one up..Worked out pretty decent,just gonna powder coat and mount on the sled...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478724.543585.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478724.543585.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 451
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478800.588329.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478800.588329.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 451
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478814.361535.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349478814.361535.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 461

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks alright, It should work nicely. I question your pivot point where its bolted. Will it stay tight?

i just put the bolt in there to see how well everything matches up,i wanna weld a nut or use a pem inside of the hole.Then i would like to use a thumb knob so i can adjust it without using any tools.When i tightened the bolt it was really tight and didn't move until i backed it off a bit..
I am trying to do a totally different style with a pivoting ball joint but dunno where to find them and would they stay positioned when turn or will they just vibrate back down.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we have them for the m-series and be carefull using the words "guage lifter" as apparently someone has "patent pending" isn't that like saying" I'm thinking about buying" jmo thx wayne

No way am I trying to take business away from the company's that make the "GAUGE LIFTER"...all I'm saying is I tried to make my own,not advertising that I made a 100 and are for sale...I know wildchild makes a gauge lifter for Canada Sled Parts and WRP,Sled Solutions sells another guys lifter..Both are great products.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the words your are describing what you made it is not a brand name. Good job looks great. You kind of want it to be able to move a little so when you roll your sled in harder snow it doesn't bend. Make sure you use a lock washer or locknut or it will come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the words your are describing what you made it is not a brand name. Good job looks great. You kind of want it to be able to move a little so when you roll your sled in harder snow it doesn't bend. Make sure you use a lock washer or locknut or it will come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I wanna install a pem or maybe riv-nut and then use the a thumb knob so if I have to roll the sled I can move the gauge without worrying about breaking it...And if it does bend not a big deal I can always get another...lol

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey rudy if you have access to a water jet i would like to maybe get some work done if your interested i will let me kno and i will pm you

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
I don't have a problem with what it is called, but one of the companies south of the border does, which is why we are calling ours "guage stands". Was just passing on some information. thx wayne

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey rudy if you have access to a water jet i would like to maybe get some work done if your interested i will let me kno and i will pm you

Shoot me a PM and we can go from there...FYI I can get stuff done alot faster on the laser,but if it has to be done on the water jet it can be done.

Top Bottom