Mackenzie falls near Cadomin

Curggles

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with where the trail to the Mackenzie falls is located near Cadomin. I was thinking of going for a ride there this weekend.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I was wondering if anybody could help me out with where the trail to the Mackenzie falls is located near Cadomin. I was thinking of going for a ride there this weekend.

On the road to Cadomin from Mcleod River(green bridge) about 5 minutes or so by quad watch for a trail off to the left. If you find the trail and it crosses train tracks then you are on the right one. After a bit you will cross Mckenzie Creek(not Mcleod River, mybad) and from there just stay on the main trail. Mckenzie falls are small,(not high) and pass through 2 big rocky outcroppings. To carry on you just cross the creek to the right and there is a trail going left and right, go left, this will take you to a cabin where you can have lunch. Beside the cabin is a trail(long climb, have never gone that way) or in front of the cabin is a trail that heads out in the valley. Have taken this one and eventually we ended up on the PR road, turned left and went back to camp. All day trip.

Last edited:

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here You Go, Thanks to RR.

M Creek Falls.JPG

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the road to Cadomin from Mcleod River(green bridge) about 5 minutes or so by quad watch for a trail off to the left. If you find the trail and it crosses train tracks then you are on the right one. After a bit you will cross Mcleod River and from there just stay on the main trail. Mckenzie falls are small,(not high) and pass through 2 big rocky outcroppings. To carry on you just cross the creek to the right and there is a trail going left and right, go left, this will take you to a cabin where you can have lunch. Beside the cabin is a trail(long climb, have never gone that way) or in front of the cabin is a trail that heads out in the valley. Have taken this one and eventually we ended up on the PR road, turned left and went back to camp. All day trip.
I assume your going south from the green bridge, correct. I really need to ride this trail, heard from a good friend it's the best trail around Cadomin.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long hill climb up next to the trappers cabin is technical. I did it sept long this summer. Once up top the trail is well ridden and I'd love to ride it and see where it goes. There was some weaker quads with us that day so I only rode it a few km and had to go back to the group.

Landrew

Reaction score
I assume your going south from the green bridge, correct. I really need to ride this trail, heard from a good friend it's the best trail around Cadomin.

I'm going to have to try this next year. So its better than the Crystal/Box Canyon fall trails and or the ones to the top of Cadomin mountain ?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
The long hill climb up next to the trappers cabin is technical. I did it sept long this summer. Once up top the trail is well ridden and I'd love to ride it and see where it goes. There was some weaker quads with us that day so I only rode it a few km and had to go back to the group.

I went up that hill passed god half way up got over the other side and hit a ton of snow ended up winching half the day (1st weekend in June)

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to try this next year. So its better than the Crystal/Box Canyon fall trails and or the ones to the top of Cadomin mountain ?

It's a cool trail for sure. U can do some nice loops if u know the country.

on the box canyon/cardinal headwaters trail it is more "in" the mountains but the mckenzie valley is another type of Nice.going to sled in there tmorrow morn...should be fun.

afterdu cross the creek by the falls u can turn left or right. There is a cabin on the right as well and that trail will take u towards the valley where we are mining and the cadomin mountain trail which is now kinda blocked off cause we r devistating the area :(.... Lol is what it is but i suggest to anyone that has never quaded there t get your buts in there and see that country before its all gone. I think this will b th last summer to ride that valley and up to red cap mountain which is a must see for soneone who has never been.A ga billion dollar view on top of red cap mnt....
from there u can head on over and ride into box canyon if u want to do a big ride. Also u can pop up to Harris mountain and oveu look our mine. Another wicked view n a cell service spot. Only one i know of around that area.

i will try n post my previous google earth maps so u know exactely where t go. Would b a shame for people t not see that area b4 we mine it.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.s, i talked to the local fish cop last summer and he said SRD is planing on shutting down box canyon/cardinal headwaters trail very soon!!!!
says the trail is getting messed up... Yet we r allowed to go in and blow the hell outta of the earth at the mine....lol

he also said we should get on the government to open up the mountain Park area in an atv trail system after we r done mining it which will be right away. He was all for that lol. Pretty down to earth fish cop...

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
P.s, i talked to the local fish cop last summer and he said SRD is planing on shutting down box canyon/cardinal headwaters trail very soon!!!!
says the trail is getting messed up... Yet we r allowed to go in and blow the hell outta of the earth at the mine....lol

he also said we should get on the government to open up the mountain Park area in an atv trail system after we r done mining it which will be right away. He was all for that lol. Pretty down to earth fish cop...

Yeah how ironic isn't it? People bitch about quads on the trails but it is okay to lay waste to the land, whoever has the most money I guess.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah how ironic isn't it? People bitch about quads on the trails but it is okay to lay waste to the land, whoever has the most money I guess.

Yep i here ya. But the reality is those trails in that WHOLE area would't even b there if it we not for mining cause those are all exploration trails... The government lest the big corporations do what they want pretty much but then try and shut down all our favorite places t ride... It's time to fight back people!

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long hill climb up next to the trappers cabin is technical. I did it sept long this summer. Once up top the trail is well ridden and I'd love to ride it and see where it goes. There was some weaker quads with us that day so I only rode it a few km and had to go back to the group.[/QUOTE

as for the trail that goes past the trappers cabin kind of towards the mounains, once u get up top follow a ways n eventually there is a creek and a trail hard left... Follow it up to the top of the mountain and prepare for a stunning view... Ps i never did that one in the summer so not sure how steep it is..winter on sleds was fun!

Top Bottom