M9000 No Start

REPO

Reaction score
So I started my sled this morning, it started and ran for 5 seconds and died, now it won't fire at all. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't making its usual cycle noise when the key is turned on. I checked the fuse, ok. The relay clicks, but to be sure, I swapped it with another, still nothing. I pulled the hood and checked the connector at the pump, unplugged it and verified 12V when the key is turned on. So I am assuming the pump is bad. Seems odd considering I have 50 Kms only.

Has anyone else heard of the pumps failing prematurely?

REPO

Reaction score
I should add that the machine has been sitting inside my heated shop for the past two weeks, so I can rule out ice.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb and obvious question but do you have a tether switch / roll over valve and have checked that?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the throttle safety switch - they are prone to fail. Do you have spark?

REPO

Reaction score
Check the throttle safety switch - they are prone to fail. Do you have spark?

I gave up trying to find the issue. It is at the dealership now. They were very good about getting it in and looking at it right away. I'll reply with what they found in case anyone else runs across this in the future.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Not yet! I wanted to order one from EVO but they are out of stock.

Not sure why you wouldn't try to find one at one of many Cat dealers in AB or BC before trying Evo, or even me the Canadian distributor for Evo.....or maybe you have, but I'm sure there are some out there. I know we had stock until maybe last week. Evo's are the same as the Jacobson ones we sell and distribute to dealers. I wouldn't ride without one on a 4s.

REPO

Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't try to find one at one of many Cat dealers in AB or BC before trying Evo, or even me the Canadian distributor for Evo.....or maybe you have, but I'm sure there are some out there. I know we had stock until maybe last week. Evo's are the same as the Jacobson ones we sell and distribute to dealers. I wouldn't ride without one on a 4s.

My local dealer does not stock or sell the roll over kit. I did a quick search on line and only came up with the EVO version. As for you being the Canadian distributor, that is great. What is your number?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Have you cracked the gas cap open a bit, I was in Mcbride a few weeks ago and a guys cat did the same thing, when I cracked the gas cap it made some noise, then I tilted the sled on one side and the other then it ran with no issues for the rest of the day. It was most likely a vapor lock

Top Bottom