M8 turbo

turbocat

Reaction score
Any cat guys out there havin wiring issues? I'm not getting spark on all plugs at random times. Sometimes it will start in minutes or days. Any ideas?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
is this a post turbo install problem or has it been going on for a while? check your switch and the little white bushings that are in your throttle . if they are wor out they could give you some trouble.

turbocat

Reaction score
It started after turbo install but doesnt seem to have anything to do with it. Cut the wire to throttle switch not the problem!!!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i think a fine tooth comb would be the first thing to do but i think you may have done that already. what year is it. do you have alot of extra draw on the sled i.e digatron aftermarket lights....etc etc. if so i would point the wand at the stator.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It started after turbo install but doesnt seem to have anything to do with it. Cut the wire to throttle switch not the problem!!!

What was all chged electronically when turbo installed? like digitron and etc.. Also which turbo kit is it? Might be able to give you some info if i know a little more info..

jdog

Reaction score
Any cat guys out there havin wiring issues? I'm not getting spark on all plugs at random times. Sometimes it will start in minutes or days. Any ideas?
U dont have that fixed yet.it has happend to a cupple m8 that i know

turbocat

Reaction score
The only extras that I have are a koso egt guage. After las seasons chopper ride I changed the entire wiring harness. Ihave a new stator but havent put it in yet kinda want to try one thing at a time. Its an aerocharger turbo on a07 M8. When it works its untouchable when it starts to act up all kinds of wierd things start to happen. Control box flashes messed up codes cylinder temps all over the place then no spark. By the time I get it home via chopper or tow sled it starts!!!!! Hard to test for the problem when its fine at home!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is strange.. I have seen where the Koso gauges draw alot of power.. On some of the revs they wont even light up fully until you are above idle.. I would give the guys at don's speed parts a call as they are really knowledgable and helpful guys.. Because they should be able to test the ecu as it seems like it could be a comp problem. Also have you had the ECU and CCU updates done to your sled yet?? These are recall items..

H.T.F.O.

Reaction score
I've had the same issues with my m7 and a buddy with his m8. Codes were flashing spark on and off tride every thing In the end it was the wire harness On both sleds.

turbocat

Reaction score
Thanks 4 the info. I'll be in ur area at the end of the month be shure to check you out!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually had a pro]blem with a M1000 where it just wouldn't rev out properly and it ended up being the wiring harness itself also. But it didn't have intermitent spark and stuff like your seems to be doing.. but yah after replaced whole harness all good to go.

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a issue like this last year on his M1000 Don Changed ECU CCU wiring harness everything and I was told in the end it had something to do with his throttle position sensor. Disconnected it but it needed something done to the comp. as well. Talk to Don At Dons speedparts they worked on his all year last year,.

Top Bottom