M8 the thing

fearthis

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard the thing can on the M series sleds or if anyone knows someone that has one on their M. I was just wondering how they sound and if they are as loud as MBRP or Jaws and how they perform. Ive been thinking about putting one on my 2010 M8 so that i would be different from everyone else in my area, but i dont know much about them. So if anyone could let me know i would really appreciate it. Thanks

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those i believe are made at the sled in revy. we were in their 3 weeks ago and they didn't have any but i believe were working on them. buddy bought one for his new rmk pro and they are building them with built in muff pots and man does it ever work slick. oh and the sound was slightly louder then stock, not bad at all.

mustard73

Reaction score
I have "The Thing" on my 2007 M8. The can, BDX intake and Speedwerx y-pipe makes for a very loud sled, but I don't mind. :)

I haven't run the stock can so I can't comment on power gain/loss but the thing is definitely way lighter than stock.

One thing I don't like about my can is that there isn't enough support. I'm not sure if they have changed the design since mine was built but mine doesn't have any posts down to the bottom mounts used by the stock can and is only supported by the pipe and the top pin. Also, there isn't room for a rubber grommet were the can pins on so at idle it bangs around a lot and mine has actually wore about an 1/8" groove in the top pin now. I ended up making my own support with some mechanic's wire and a spring. This helped keep the pipe sitting up where it should and not on my plug caps and power valves. Oh yeah, and my thing rubbed through the aluminum exhaust outlet before I bought the sled and added support.

If any of the problem areas I mention don't make sense, PM me and I can send some pictures.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
i had an thing can on my 06 M7, didnt really like the sound of it to much, very very loud, but imo mbrp sounds better.
the thing
YouTube - 06 M7 "THE THING" can

MBRPhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY11YcHSdqo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hope that helps, had a jaws on my sno pro sounded sweet too

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i got a d and d big dawg barker on mine and at first it wasnt to bad but wait till ya got about a 1000 miles on it..............she barks!

DPike

Reaction score
Im running a D&D on my 11 HCR and its loud enough and does have post mounts although they seem to come of the mounting holes often. Not sure about power gain.

Top Bottom