M8 runnin rich

EmEight

Reaction score
My 09 m8 is for sure running too rich. What is the best way to lean it out a bit? And is there a way to tell if you get it right without pulling the plugs after every ride? Thanks for your input and sorry if this has been covered in another thread I couldnt find one.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
min runs rich too, i believe there is an adjustment you can make in the oil line just after the tank....as far as checking....besides heat monitoring and plugs not sure how else you would know.....might be worth looking into seeing if a shop can straiten it out for you, i just leave mine be, doesnt seem to effect performance once shes warm, and havent fouled a lug yet

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will run rich when cold. It is part of the mapping to protect them until they warm up. As i understand it they are prone to squeaking pistons if not rich when cold.I forget the exact reason though. I read the reason somewhere but forget it. If it still run,s rich when warm then you may have a problem. Like exhaust sensor maybe.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 11 M8 has my A arms stained black its running so rich, but its never fowled a plug and runs awesome so im not goona bother messing around with it.

Top Bottom