m8/m1000

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually honda has been building prototype sleds for like 15+ years. They have them siting in a wharehouse down in Van. They were looking to get into the sled market, ther were drwings of a sled that was rumopred to be coming out in like 2010 or 2011. This would help them alot. And polaris was wanting out of the sled business because they were loosing so much money in the industry cause there sleds sucked..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually honda has been building prototype sleds for like 15+ years. They have them siting in a wharehouse down in Van. They were looking to get into the sled market, ther were drwings of a sled that was rumopred to be coming out in like 2010 or 2011. This would help them alot. And polaris was wanting out of the sled business because they were loosing so much money in the industry cause there sleds sucked..

HMMM...not so sure polaris will benefit from this...if the stuff i've previously stated happens then they have sure lost a polaris fan. Just like that. GO DOO lol

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah well you just never know what they will comw up with.. There aint to many company's that can build a bettter motor than honda... I love honda's i just really want a 2stroke.. I've never liked polaris myself but if honda put a 2stroke in one i would have to rethink things...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah well you just never know what they will comw up with.. There aint to many company's that can build a bettter motor than honda... I love honda's i just really want a 2stroke.. I've never liked polaris myself but if honda put a 2stroke in one i would have to rethink things...

I have no complaints about four stroke engines other than they make the sleds WHALES. I'm not sure about the 2 stroke honda's....i havent ever seen a two stroke honda twin...so...this next year...or whenever they take over will be interesting...hopefully they don't completely take over...and still let the polaris guys keep the ergos and some other things, maybe it's only an ownership change (hopefully)

m8cat

Reaction score
i've heard that sno-jet was planning a take over/comeback with Poolaris
Same technoligy..........lol

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just gonna throw this out there , but Polaris and KTM are a team , correct? So you take the KTM motor and throw it in the sled , hmmm food for thought

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does ayone know what the horsepower and weight difference is between m8 and m1000

I have been looking everywhere for this info! We went to the dealer, with the idea to buy an M8 sno pro 153" for lucky me. We get there and they want $11,199 for the M8 with a backpack, shovel, probe, boss seat... OK, BUT: they want $9,999 for the M1000 153" sno pro- none of the goodies, but cheaper.

So, I need to know WHY???? What's the catch? After doing some reading, it seems that the M1000 has a few issues with bogging and fuel-set up from the get go , but once it is broke in about 120km or so, it is good go? Is this just a popularity issue- the M8s are selling and the M1000's are not, so the M1's are on sale??

Next, so I get a good deal on an M1- but can I ride it??? FYI: Female rider- 5'10" tall, 125lbs, currently riding an MCExpress Turbo Phazer. How much more does the M1 weigh compared to the M8 and how does this come out when you consider the difference in horsepower, or torque, as we all know that's more important!!! (Okay, I hijacked that fact from the beginning of this thread: I don't really 'know' that!).

My debate started with M8 vs XP, and I decided on the Cat... but which one???? HEEEEEELLLLLPPPP...

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 M800 162" 486 lbs shipping weight HorsePower: 138

2008 M1000 162" 511 lbs shipping weight HorsePower: 162

According to our certificate of origin papers

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother rode the 09 m1000 153 last season and now is riding the 2010 m8 like it way better aside the extra ponies this year he likes the fact of the weight difference the most, easier to handle the m8 vs m1000.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 M800 162" 486 lbs shipping weight HorsePower: 138

2008 M1000 162" 511 lbs shipping weight HorsePower: 162

According to our certificate of origin papers

Thanks!! So... you wife rides the M8? Has she ever ridden yours and what does she think about it???

xcrider

Reaction score
so what is better buy a 09 M8 or a 09 M1000 both with 153"?? with power to weight in mind

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The torque on the m1 will be worth the extra cash!
Very noticable differance
catmando!

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando!

I agree with you Catman I have rode both and the torque on the M1 is amazing and I love it. I noticed a big difference from my 08 M1 and my 09 M1.
Might be the track but I find it is more responsive in the deep snow.

tanner

Reaction score
catmando!

Agree too, the M1 is amazing has so much torque it's worth it. I know I should of spent the extra money for the bigger machine but my dealer didn't think i'd like it cuz i'm a lighter rider. The 800 rmk I had before probably weighted the same or more so I wish I would have bought the m1000.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my 15 plus yrs experience i have never sold a sled or atv to anyone that came back and said they wished they would have got a smaller one....

actually we sell the cat and yamaha, heres my two cents

total savings off retail the m1 is a better deal

u could never get the 20 plus hp for the amount of $$ cheaper the m8 is

m1 basically the same sled as the m8 main diff oblivously is the weight of the motor,

if you go to a light weight silencer on the m1 u lose about 20 lbs

if you go to a light weight silencer on the m8 u lose about 12 lbs

The m1 is the same hp as the "all new m8" n way less money,,, for a few bucks u can add the telescopic steering, the new seat, etc,,,

handling is very compariable, between the two sleds and either one can be tailored very easily to your personal riding style, the m1 is just way cheaper to buy ...........

hope this helps u out.....a bit at least

T

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! So... you wife rides the M8? Has she ever ridden yours and what does she think about it???

Hi Sled Mamma! She has rode it on and off the trailer, as she is waiting for her breakin ride. I have rode mine and love it. I'll let her try mine out after she breaks in her M8 and will post her thoughts for you. She rode a 2008 Yamaha Apex all last season with a 162" track and 162 HP and she worked too hard, so i bought her a 2008 M8 this season brand new, and hoping the 125 lbs difference will make her ride more ejoyable :)

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2009 m1000 153 last year and i got a 2010 m8 162 and like the m8 way better then my m1000 either way u well have a great sled..

Top Bottom