m1000 fuel aholic

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if any one else that rides an m1000 goes through as much fuel as me i went out on a ride yesterday fueled up and went roughly 60kms and had to refuel while the others i was with still had just under half tank left in their sleds is this a break in issue i have just over 200 km on my machine and also seems to sputter at around 5500 rpm but cleans up after that

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This depends on a few things do you ride way harder than others? I've burnt a tank and then some and others will go through $20 especially powder days in the mountains. I've heard of machines running a little rich during break in peroids, and what were the other machines that you rode with M1000?

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i do tend to ride harder than others i guess and the others i was riding with were rmk 800s and 900s and 2 skidoo 800s

saskboy

Reaction score
I dont know much about cats but I am riding an Assault RMK and I ride with some Doo"s and I am constantly using about 30-40% more fuel than them I am riding harder but not alot normally. my:twocents:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i am sqeezin my throttle pretty hard every where i go but i still think im using too much fuel it tends to try to load up at lowwer rpm and sputters at around 5300-5500 rpm im just wondering if maybe it needs to be reflashed by the dealer or if this is an issue that will eventually go away upon break in

snowzombie

Reaction score
Rode side by side with one last weekend on my m-8 and he dumped 2 - 10 liter jerry cans in during the day, I didnt add any fuel and it was under $2 more fuel that mine took at the pumps when we filled up that night. he does have a fuel controler on his for the pipe and it seemed a little rich on the bottom end. I thought maybe his settings were all on the rich side but maybe they just use that much more.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so its sounding like the m1000 is just a big pig hahaha but has any one got any thoughts on why im sputtering a little at half throttle 53-5500rpm?? its not a huge concern because open up the throttle a bit more and it cleans up and runs strong just think it should be smooth through out the whole rpm range

hopper146

Reaction score
Had the very same thoughts yesterday myself...my '08 m10 is a very thirsty bugger....but then i kinda expected it woulkd be. Kinda like driving 2 500cc sleds....lol

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple now that were doing weird things like your sputtering and alls i did to cure it was unplug the comp then plug it back in.. According to AC it doesn't do anything but it's fixed several of them for me now and the issue hasn't returned..

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh ya it goes awsome i cant complain about that at all as for ditch bangin well i dont use it for that i bought it for the alpine but a few trail rides and lake tours will also happen seein is i dont live in mountains but our snow conditions are pretty good here in athabasca just got another 4-6 inches last night

hopper146

Reaction score
lucky bugger....ooooh...its just starting to drop great big flakes here right now...woooohoooooooo

padleym1000

Reaction score
i got a 07 m1000 and it was a pig for the first 500miles or so but after that
it got better but ya thay like to drink it. as for the bog i had one around the same range alls i did was put a mbrp can on it and it cleaned up right away any good luck with it and be safe out there.....:):beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so its sounding like the m1000 is just a big pig hahaha but has any one got any thoughts on why im sputtering a little at half throttle 53-5500rpm?? its not a huge concern because open up the throttle a bit more and it cleans up and runs strong just think it should be smooth through out the whole rpm range

like ford used to say
if ya want the horses ya gotta feed them

gg1300

Reaction score
I have an 09 M1000 Sno Pro and it burns about as much fuel as my 09 XP. There is a recall on the torque of the fuel connection so maybe you are losing fuel and not burning it. Call your dealer and give them the serial number so they can check. Good Luck

willhickey

Reaction score
I have a M1000 and there is not question that is burn around 20-30% more fuel then the doos (I have not rode with any new polaris). It has only been a problem for me when we are around Golden and there is such a long trail in. You just can't pin it on the flats going up. I never did take anyfuel with me until Golden. Now I will fuel at the cabin before the alpine making sure that I have enough to get back down still in the can. It has around 800miles on it. The 153's seem to burn less then the 162's though.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i already have an mbrp can that was the first thing i did even before my first ride mine is also an 07 m1000 and thanks for your response i appreciate it

Top Bottom