M series bulkhead question

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha thats funny no problem for the beers come anytime, always alot of beer waiting! yeah its funny when those dogs start sniffing around. hopefully i can get those put in this weekend (hopefully)

Mines in many pieces around the garage, trying to get the friggin throttle bodies out to check the reeds.:(

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Mines in many pieces around the garage, trying to get the friggin throttle bodies out to check the reeds.:(

yep they are fun to get out alright! make sure its warm and they will come out easier because the stock rubber air intake cone where it connects to the throttle bodies doesn't like to bend too much, its a pretty hard plastic. I'm starting my rip apart today! hopefully finish before work tonight.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the reeds out, and both bottom reeds aren't closing. Now trying to source out Boysen replacement petals.

Did you have to move the oil tank?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Got the reeds out, and both bottom reeds aren't closing. Now trying to source out Boysen replacement petals.

Did you have to move the oil tank?

Lol i dont wanna talk about oil tanks right now :realmad: ! I ordered a new one after today, because i wrecked mine! I got the a arms in, but in order to get to the bottom bolt i had to take the oil tank out. Well the one nut that is molded into the plastic of the tank started spinning, so i could not get it out. I had to drive a big screwdriver through it to pry out the oil tank! Not very happy but oh well i guess. So the front end parts are all good now, but i just need an oil tank. The bulkhead looks straight, the skis are also where they were before so i'm pretty sure nothing is bent. I think i'm going to pull the reeds out tomorrow just to make sure they are good since everything is apart anyways. I didn't have to move the oil tank to take out the reeds though, is that what you were wondering?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol i dont wanna talk about oil tanks right now :realmad: ! I ordered a new one after today, because i wrecked mine! I got the a arms in, but in order to get to the bottom bolt i had to take the oil tank out. Well the one nut that is molded into the plastic of the tank started spinning, so i could not get it out. I had to drive a big screwdriver through it to pry out the oil tank! Not very happy but oh well i guess. So the front end parts are all good now, but i just need an oil tank. The bulkhead looks straight, the skis are also where they were before so i'm pretty sure nothing is bent. I think i'm going to pull the reeds out tomorrow just to make sure they are good since everything is apart anyways. I didn't have to move the oil tank to take out the reeds though, is that what you were wondering?

You also didn't need to take the oil tank out to change a-arms. If you remove the main skid plate that is under the motor you can easily get the nuts for the lower rear bolts for the a-arms.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
You also didn't need to take the oil tank out to change a-arms. If you remove the main skid plate that is under the motor you can easily get the nuts for the lower rear bolts for the a-arms.

Wow I feel like an idiot now. I didn't even think of that one, thanks glen. Next time I bend the a arms I'll do that. Either way it's too late now for my poor oil tank lol. I guess if that nut didn't strip the tank would have been easy to get out but oh well.

rotaxsummit

Reaction score
the bulkhead may be stronger then the XP but they will never go were the doo goes they just cant do it so if you want keeep your cat and just keep trying and trying to follow us on our XP's wish ya luck

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bulkhead may be stronger then the XP but they will never go were the doo goes they just cant do it so if you want keeep your cat and just keep trying and trying to follow us on our XP's wish ya luck

Thanks for stopping by, on your way back to the Doo section, order a spare nun, you know your going to need it.:rolleyes:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL.. You must not ride with any cat's.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
I knew it was only a matter of time before a doo rider would post his opinion. Too bad its always the wrong opinion! :rolleyes: Still surprised Maxwell wasn't the first one on this though...

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true maxwell hasent posted, but he still shows some respect for a cat, as little as it is...lol... unlike rotaxsummit...

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Not compared to a couple of A arms it isn't. Now move along, nothing to see here.;)

This is true. Did you get your sled back together? Mine isn't finished yet. Was going to go and get an oil tank today from Argyll but decided not too because the roads were crappy. So i thought I would call ASE, and surprise :rolleyes: surprise they don't have one in stock. I will wait until Monday and get it then.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I feel like an idiot now. I didn't even think of that one, thanks glen. Next time I bend the a arms I'll do that. Either way it's too late now for my poor oil tank lol. I guess if that nut didn't strip the tank would have been easy to get out but oh well.

Ha, yeah, on my first a-arm I didn't realize how easy it was too just remove the belly pan. Managed to get a wrench on that bolt on the right hand side though, had to do the chop sticks technique to get the nut and washer back on though, that was a pain in the ass.

Then tonight, helping a buddy replace his left hand a-arm, I looked at it and no friggin way we were going to remove the primary clutch to get at it. Pulled the sled on its side to look for a better way and realized that it's screws with torx heads on'em holding that belly pan in place, I thought those were rivets down there! Piece of cake at that point!

On a side note, the HCR front ends are definitely beefed up compared to the standard and snopro/LE's. The dog bone at the front to tie the front of the bottom a-arm together, a u-shaped brace at the end of the bottom spindle and I'm sure the bolt at the bottom of the spindle holding the lower a-arm there is larger diameter as well.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true. Did you get your sled back together? Mine isn't finished yet. Was going to go and get an oil tank today from Argyll but decided not too because the roads were crappy. So i thought I would call ASE, and surprise :rolleyes: surprise they don't have one in stock. I will wait until Monday and get it then.

Waiting on parts. Steen Hansen carries Boysen reeds, so Kurtis at T & T is checking to see if they have any in. Hopefully start reassembly later in the week.

I'm suprised Argyll had an oil tank in stock. Must keep spares for the egged neck problem.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Ha, yeah, on my first a-arm I didn't realize how easy it was too just remove the belly pan. Managed to get a wrench on that bolt on the right hand side though, had to do the chop sticks technique to get the nut and washer back on though, that was a pain in the ass.

Then tonight, helping a buddy replace his left hand a-arm, I looked at it and no friggin way we were going to remove the primary clutch to get at it. Pulled the sled on its side to look for a better way and realized that it's screws with torx heads on'em holding that belly pan in place, I thought those were rivets down there! Piece of cake at that point!

On a side note, the HCR front ends are definitely beefed up compared to the standard and snopro/LE's. The dog bone at the front to tie the front of the bottom a-arm together, a u-shaped brace at the end of the bottom spindle and I'm sure the bolt at the bottom of the spindle holding the lower a-arm there is larger diameter as well.

Well thats good to know, next time i hit something i will definately do this instead. The beers dont help either, they make me make poor decisions for some reason! :beer:

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Waiting on parts. Steen Hansen carries Boysen reeds, so Kurtis at T & T is checking to see if they have any in. Hopefully start reassembly later in the week.

I'm suprised Argyll had an oil tank in stock. Must keep spares for the egged neck problem.

Yeah they said they have a pile of them there because of that recall or whatever was happening, so tomorrow i will get it and hopefully be rockin by tomorrow night! U on days off soon?

Top Bottom