M 1000 questions re oil & power

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed on another thread Shell synthetic two stroke oil was on sale @ CT. I ran it my yammy fro three years, ran real clean. I've been running bulk Cat oil in my 1000, and seems like plugs are pretty messy. Has anyone ran the shell? Thoughts?

As well, i'm getting some EGT sensors and I need 12 volts. Where can I get in from?

Thanks.

M1000CAT

Reaction score
What year m1000 I have digatrons on my 07 m1300 I can check out tonight what wire I took power from.

oly

Reaction score
I run shell and have never had any issues with it at all. I did whitch to iridium plugs and really like how clean they stayed! However this year I have changed a few things with the motor and I'm getting Amsoil for good price so Im going to run that from now on.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'v been running Shell in both my M7 and M1000 for years with no problems. I hated Cat oil. Always made a mess of my power valves.

Should be a 12 volt accessory plug behind the aluminum plate at the back of your pipe below your steering column.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ran the Shell in my 900 KK and now in my 08 M1000. No problems and fairly clean power valves when I pull them.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always run shell and have never run into dirty power valves or motor issues in my 08-m1000.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run shell in my 11 800ho and it burns real clean, always buy it from canadian tire or the shell bulk station. When I bought my sled last year they tried to give me a couple of jugs of cat oil for free....................never did take them, its crap crap crap

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where do you guys buy the shell from?

CT, when on sale ... can uaually get 25% off every fall. It was on sale last week. If the bin is empty which it almost always is in my home town ... ask for it ..... they probably have it out back. I think they purposely empty the bin whe on sale. If they say they have none left, look on top of the shelves on all the surrounding rows. At the local CT which i wont mention where it is but ..... I went there this week looking for some ... wattaya know, the bin is empty. Ask the clerk if there is any in the store ... the response is sold out ... I go looking for myself and 2 rows down from where it is supposed to be .... the very top shelf is packed full in behind some antifreeze.

Top Bottom