lucky to be alive!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was burning around on the ktm today. Making sure the bike was good after the upgrades and I went through the carb. I road up to legal then to west edmonton to stop in a work to go through the details on my service call to ft mac in the morning. I then went to cycle works in acheson to pay for my fuel tank. On my way home I was taking mostly gravel roads then jumped on hwy 37. I crossed over hwy 2 and was turning left onto the range road. I saw a car coming up fast behind me. I mean fast. He had been catching me while I was doing about 105kmh. Thinking he is gonna slow down but he isn't. I am getting ready to crank it left so he doesn't run me over. As I am about to go in the oncoming lane he cranks it hard left to go around me, then over corrects and rolls in the ditch. He just missed me and was still well over 100kmh when he passed me. Luckily a truck driver (funny story there) had been turning onto hwy 37 from hwy 2. This guy had passed him going really fast and in the turning lane and looked like he had his phone on. So it was nice to have another witness to this guys driving. We had the rcmp, fire, and ambulance there and they took the guy away. Look like some cuts to his head, and he had to get checked. He didn't want to go so there is something strange going on.

Anyways, I am ok thankfully. The funny part about the truck driver is I am going to ft mac to check out 5 of their trucks. Sure glad he was there.I took a pic of the aftermath of the guys car.

10177225_10152069181951806_781024243694128415_n.jpg

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow glad you are ok there are so many idiots on the roads now go do the lotto.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I do the lotto. I have a service trip to FT Mac in the morning. Hwy 63 is like the lotto isn't it??

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Geezuz....... Good to know your still around, I bet that left a bacon strip in the shorts!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's called a p.t loser...... And 105 is wound out.. Must have been a tail wind and lots of dumb azz into that guy

sent while I should be drinking tea's

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why would you swerve LEFT if this guy is coming up on you in a hurry?! Looked like there was enough lane to shoulder surf if ya needed..Crazy cage drivers nonetheless....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is some type of pt cruiser that is a performance model, I got dusted by one before in the ol lady's envoy...the limiter kicked in at 160 and that dude went by us like nothing.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, why would you swerve LEFT if this guy is coming up on you in a hurry?! Looked like there was enough lane to shoulder surf if ya needed..Crazy cage drivers nonetheless....
I was slowing down to make a left turn. He was coming up quick so I was going to move into the oncoming lane and complete my turn. With my signal light on I would think, like most people, he would go to the right of me not the left.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was slowing down to make a left turn. He was coming up quick so I was going to move into the oncoming lane and complete my turn. With my signal light on I would think, like most people, he would go to the right of me not the left.

lol, He didn't even notice you. ...how the heck would he notice your signal light?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at high vis riding jackets at riverside on sat. Might be time to buy one. My bright orange ktm wasn't enough i guess lol. Maybe I could get lights on the jacket??

Top Bottom