Low Boost Actuator

JLARSH

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea on the max lbs of boost you can run with the low boost actuator? It's on a cpc stage 2 kit. Should the tab that comes off the wastegate be in a vertical position(this is where the rod from the actuator connects). I was looking at it today and it's not in a vertical position, I never noticed it before but it seems that it would not be closed all the way like this. Any ideas/help would be great. I'm asking this because last weekend I was running race gas and with the boost adjuster all the way out I could not build more than 8 lbs of boost. According to Cutlers website I should be able to get 10 lbs. Thanx in advance for any replys.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Does anyone have an idea on the max lbs of boost you can run with the low boost actuator? It's on a cpc stage 2 kit. Should the tab that comes off the wastegate be in a vertical position(this is where the rod from the actuator connects). I was looking at it today and it's not in a vertical position, I never noticed it before but it seems that it would not be closed all the way like this. Any ideas/help would be great. I'm asking this because last weekend I was running race gas and with the boost adjuster all the way out I could not build more than 8 lbs of boost. According to Cutlers website I should be able to get 10 lbs. Thanx in advance for any replys.

If you max out at 8 lbs. you probably have a 8 lb. actuator. Make sure your waste gate rod is just barely snug with the waste gate closed. You can check the actuators lbs. by taking it of and pressure testing it with air and a gauge but that's a bit tricky. You can also cheat by putting a light spring on your waist gate to assist the opening or just get a 10 or 12 lb. actuator.

JLARSH

Reaction score
If you max out at 8 lbs. you probably have a 8 lb. actuator. Make sure your waste gate rod is just barely snug with the waste gate closed. You can check the actuators lbs. by taking it of and pressure testing it with air and a gauge but that's a bit tricky. You can also cheat by putting a light spring on your waist gate to assist the opening or just get a 10 or 12 lb. actuator.
I'll try adjusting the rod. I have seen 10 lbs before so I'm thinkin the rod is out of adjustment. Thanks for the reply Beeonaplug.

Top Bottom