loud Exhaust

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All our neighbors hate us anyways. They whine about the dust when it's dry and when it's wet they whine that it smells like chit. So anything to piss them off a little more is A-OK in my books. I LOVE my muzzy. Only quad i've heard that sounds better than a Brute with a muzzy was my brothers KFX 700 with a twin pro-circuit. Then again we got them for the power the sound was just an after thought.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Got a Muzzy for my Brute. I like it, if others don't I simply don't gun it around them(or try not to).

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
straight pipe dat bitch

Or not!!! Only noobs who want their quads to sound like a dirty fart cut up their pipes.

The only time I hear my quads without an exhaust is when I'm in the middle of upgrading and I get a little curious.

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or not!!! Only noobs who want their quads to sound like a dirty fart cut up their pipes.

The only time I hear my quads without an exhaust is when I'm in the middle of upgrading and I get a little curious.

I was obviously kidding, however the 09 renegade 800 im looking at buying is straight piped, but its also turboed:d

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was obviously kidding, however the 09 renegade 800 im looking at buying is straight piped, but its also turboed:d

I'd find a way to muffle it's bark, unless you got a greasy mullet.

Nobody wants a Mexican taco-getter. :beer:

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd find a way to muffle it's bark, unless you got a greasy mullet.

Nobody wants a Mexican taco-getter. :beer:

Ill let my mullet fly proud. it sounds sick straight piped, it might as well be as loud as my truck and my other quad

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the loonet tuned dials on my outlander and they sound really good. I bought the quiete cores for them but only run them when I have to. I also got the hmf swamp series on my king quad and its as quiete as stock.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is why we keep losing area's to ride.....

Between loud pipes ans garbage left behind, others draw the conclusion that all people that ride OHV are jerks and dont care about anyone or anything but them selves....and alot of these response's are proving them right.

Dont get it wrong, I like a lot of people like the sound of a motor....but even on the track we now have to adhere to the noise regulations, change with the times or loose more area's....

PS you can make power without loud.....and there are lots of manufacture's jumping on board....

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is why we keep losing area's to ride.....

Between loud pipes ans garbage left behind, others draw the conclusion that all people that ride OHV are jerks and dont care about anyone or anything but them selves....and alot of these response's are proving them right.

Dont get it wrong, I like a lot of people like the sound of a motor....but even on the track we now have to adhere to the noise regulations, change with the times or loose more area's....

PS you can make power without loud.....and there are lots of manufacture's jumping on board....

THANK YOU!!

I know I get worked up about these things, but every response that talks about me-me-me and not considering others, I seriously lose faith in humanity! Are we that f*cking stupid?

Yes, I love the sound of an engine, but I can look past that to consider how it reflects on the MAJORITY who don't. That majority controls what we do. If you think otherwise, you obviously not informed!

If we all do our best to help the sports we enjoy, we'll leave something for ourselves and our future generations. At the rate we're going, our kids have a hope in hell of ever riding the areas we enjoy today.

This doesn't mean all jumping out and spending 1000's on our equipment, it can be as little as being curtious for others who aren't in the sport. Idle by traffic, hikers, etc. If there are horse riders, stop your engine and let them ride by. Give them decent distance before returning to the ride. Be as quiet as possible until out of hearing range.

I can't count the number of times I have douche's try to wheelie past me at staging areas, or tear past raising dust or making a huge amount of noise. I'm a rider too, and I shake my head at this because it's not just me. It's the people out for sunday drives, campers, hikers, families getting out of the city, and people fishing who hear this. This does not help!!

Same goes for when unloading or loading sleds. Be as quiet as possible, unload, and leave. Dont' ride around the staging areas and make noise. Nobody cares what your riding and what you can do in a parking lot.

ALL quality manufactures make a quiet exhaust that adds performance and complies with forestry laws. If they don't, they shouldn't be supported.

I know I sound like an old fart, but you'll probably be amazed that I'm only 28. I grew up in a family who was dedicated to the outdoors. My love for the outdoors evolved into outdoor motorsports and all I can see is it slipping away. The day I have kids I hope to involve them as my parents did with me. I'd hate to not have that opportunity.

Waxy

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!

I know I get worked up about these things, but every response that talks about me-me-me and not considering others, I seriously lose faith in humanity! Are we that f*cking stupid?

Yes, I love the sound of an engine, but I can look past that to consider how it reflects on the MAJORITY who don't. That majority controls what we do. If you think otherwise, you obviously not informed!

If we all do our best to help the sports we enjoy, we'll leave something for ourselves and our future generations. At the rate we're going, our kids have a hope in hell of ever riding the areas we enjoy today.

This doesn't mean all jumping out and spending 1000's on our equipment, it can be as little as being curtious for others who aren't in the sport. Idle by traffic, hikers, etc. If there are horse riders, stop your engine and let them ride by. Give them decent distance before returning to the ride. Be as quiet as possible until out of hearing range.

I can't count the number of times I have douche's try to wheelie past me at staging areas, or tear past raising dust or making a huge amount of noise. I'm a rider too, and I shake my head at this because it's not just me. It's the people out for sunday drives, campers, hikers, families getting out of the city, and people fishing who hear this. This does not help!!

Same goes for when unloading or loading sleds. Be as quiet as possible, unload, and leave. Dont' ride around the staging areas and make noise. Nobody cares what your riding and what you can do in a parking lot.

ALL quality manufactures make a quiet exhaust that adds performance and complies with forestry laws. If they don't, they shouldn't be supported.

I know I sound like an old fart, but you'll probably be amazed that I'm only 28. I grew up in a family who was dedicated to the outdoors. My love for the outdoors evolved into outdoor motorsports and all I can see is it slipping away. The day I have kids I hope to involve them as my parents did with me. I'd hate to not have that opportunity.

X2. :mad:

It really PIZZES ME OFF when people like the OP and others affect MY ability to ride, and my kids ability to ride in the future, because ultimately, EVERYONE is punished for their selfishness and stupidity. Joe Public doesn't differentiate between the hundreds of responsible riders and the lone idiot, he just wants the idiot gone so he bans ALL OHVs.

It's nothing short of RETARDED to intentionally antagonize others that have the power to shut you down.

Waxy

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. :mad:

It really PIZZES ME OFF when people like the OP and others affect MY ability to ride, and my kids ability to ride in the future, because ultimately, EVERYONE is punished for their selfishness and stupidity. Joe Public doesn't differentiate between the hundreds of responsible riders and the lone idiot, he just wants the idiot gone so he bans ALL OHVs.

It's nothing short of RETARDED to intentionally antagonize others that have the power to shut you down.

Waxy

Agreeing, but there are people who do take advantage of this.

On my property I get to do what ever the heck I want, thats because it's my 40 acres. Some people tend to forget this when they ride their horse on my property and I don't see them. Thats right, some guy almost got bucked off on my property because he trespassed with his horse and my blazing quad scared the ch!t out of his pony when we happened to meet on a wooded out corner. He was pissed that I (not only didn't see him when I came around the corner) but the fact I scared his horse on MY land. After I explained that it was his own damn fault he had nothing to do but agree. When I'm on other peoples land I'm curtious and stop for horsey riders, cuz thats what we do, but when they are on my land and they get pissed at me for riding on my land, thats taking it too far.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

On my property I get to do what ever the heck I want, thats because it's my 40 acres. Some people tend to forget this when they ride their horse on my property and I don't see them. Thats right, some guy almost got bucked off on my property because he trespassed with his horse and my blazing quad scared the ch!t out of his pony when we happened to meet on a wooded out corner. He was pissed that I (not only didn't see him when I came around the corner) but the fact I scared his horse on MY land. After I explained that it was his own damn fault he had nothing to do but agree. When I'm on other peoples land I'm curtious and stop for horsey riders, cuz thats what we do, but when they are on my land and they get pissed at me for riding on my land, thats taking it too far.

You may be surprised.

There are many stories in the states where landowners were forced to give up their activities because of noise pollution.

Canada isn't that much different then the states, but things like this may come into play.

Actually, in one case it was a previous pro MX rider who had to give up his riding property because of the noise. He tried to make a big stink about it, it was in the magazines, etc. But you know what? At the end of the day, he lost. Just like all the other areas being closed. It's much easier for the general public to close riding areas then it is for enthusiasts to open them back up. Ie, Wiaprous, where the only new trail opened since the closure was a single track trail by the RMDRA. That trail alone took years of working with the government, SRD, and 1000's of voluteer hours to open it up. It's still a work in progress to maintain it's sustainability. We have also been working on another trail in the Bar C area for years, but are constantly faced resistance. It's gotten to the point that some of the RMDRA members are accredited trail builders with formal training. The RMDRA uses raised funds to airlift bridges into locations, and have trail building days to build bridges on-site or clear fallen trees. There are efforts being made to work with the government and still the public and government refuses to open up new or existing trail.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may be surprised.

There are many stories in the states where landowners were forced to give up their activities because of noise pollution.

Canada isn't that much different then the states, but things like this may come into play.

Actually, in one case it was a previous pro MX rider who had to give up his riding property because of the noise. He tried to make a big stink about it, it was in the magazines, etc. But you know what? At the end of the day, he lost. Just like all the other areas being closed. It's much easier for the general public to close riding areas then it is for enthusiasts to open them back up. Ie, Wiaprous, where the only new trail opened since the closure was a single track trail by the RMDRA. That trail alone took years of working with the government, SRD, and 1000's of voluteer hours to open it up. It's still a work in progress to maintain it's sustainability. We have also been working on another trail in the Bar C area for years, but are constantly faced resistance. It's gotten to the point that some of the RMDRA members are accredited trail builders with formal training. The RMDRA uses raised funds to airlift bridges into locations, and have trail building days to build bridges on-site or clear fallen trees. There are efforts being made to work with the government and still the public and government refuses to open up new or existing trail.

Thats understandable. I try to keep all my quads legal with quiet cores. It was at the pace we where riding and the fact that we sped by the dude was what scared his horse. It was on our property and he was tresspassing, at the end of the day no matter how many ways you look at it it was his fault.

Waxy

Reaction score

The horse thing on your 40 acres is apples to oranges, I really don't see what that has to do with guys putting on loud aftermarket pipes or driving through the skeg right in plain view of the road. It's plain and simple, the guy was trespassing and was lucky he wasn't charged as such. He had no business complaining and he knew it, end of story.

As for being able to do whatever you want on your land, that simply isn't true. Like Shibby mentioned, the fact of the matter is, if your activities can be shown to have a negative impact on adjacent landowners, there is an almost endless list of laws in place to restrict what you can and can't do. There are all kinds of examples of this, and sound/nuisance laws are some of the toughest when enforced.

Waxy

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for being able to do whatever you want on your land, that simply isn't true. Like Shibby mentioned, the fact of the matter is, if your activities can be shown to have a negative impact on adjacent landowners, there is an almost endless list of laws in place to restrict what you can and can't do. There are all kinds of examples of this, and sound/nuisance laws are some of the toughest when enforced.

Waxy

X2

Quadboy55 not sure where you live, but we have been all through the County bylaw system here in County of Strathcona....We have a MX practice track....have been visited by the RCMP, bylaw enforcement and several gov officials....when we were on just 3.5 acres...we had 1 out of 5 neighbors complaining all others were either okay with it or didn’t care….yet that one as we discovered might as well been god….

We moved to 40 acres and only one neighbor that also rides and the RCMP, bylaw and Provincial Government have been by as they thought we had built a commercial race track….
When they got finished with us, they had contacted our issuer, who we then had a fight with re liability even for ourselves to ride….

Bylaw was the funniest, nice guy came out with sound testing equipment and asked if he could take reading’s….we said fill your boots…..so he started to head for the track……I stopped him and indicated that he can take all the readings he wants outside our property… as anyone on the property would not have an issue with the noise, the one and only neighbor also wouldn’t let him on his property, so he took readings from the road, I had a good discussion and tried to convince him to see it from our perspective, we ride/race both motorcycles, quads and horse’s so it would only make sense if we were breaking the noise bylaw ( yes there is one in the county of Strathcona) that the readings be taken outside the property…

Haven’t seen anyone for a while they don’t come around in the winter, yet we ride all year round….

Re the noise complaints, on the 3 ½ acreage we were shown that it doesn’t even have to get to the level of breaking the noise bylaw, a neighbor can complain and you can be fined under the nuisance bylaw in the County of Strathcona…..we beat that by proving that we only rode during daylight hours, only for a couple of hours and at a time, and would not ride if the neighbor that had issues had company….we also found out the the County of Strathcona had at the time 13 full time mediators on contract to handle disputes….

Top Bottom