loud Exhaust

malinowski3

Reaction score
im looking at buying an exaust for an 09 polaris 850 and want it to be loud but i dont have any experience with quads as this is my first quad so what type of mufflers would you guys recomend?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you want a loud muffler?

If you want more power and it becomes louder that’s one thing...but loud for loud sake?

I know in Alberta in a lot of area's there pushing legislation to stop loud both in the off-road, on road and on race tracks.....now a handful of the noise bylaw tickets got thrown out do to improper testing, but that won’t take these politicians long to fix....

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you want a loud muffler?

If you want more power and it becomes louder that’s one thing...but loud for loud sake?

I know in Alberta in a lot of area's there pushing legislation to stop loud both in the off-road, on road and on race tracks.....now a handful of the noise bylaw tickets got thrown out do to improper testing, but that won’t take these politicians long to fix....

Have to AGREE 100%. Why would you want loud exhaust??? Need to compensate for something??? Spark arrestors and noise violations all reasons to keep stock exhaust. We dont need anymore fires out there. JMHO

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have said it before and i will say it again. Big rig stacks on your quad with flex hose plumbed into your helmet. That way your the only one with a headache at the end of the day.

malinowski3

Reaction score
I have said it before and i will say it again. Big rig stacks on your quad with flex hose plumbed into your helmet. That way your the only one with a headache at the end of the day.

hahahaha that actually made he laugh

and nothing to compensate for here i just really like being loud :d :d

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep your loud and proud ways in Saskatchewan, were trying to keep our right to ride out this way.:nono:

depthcharger

Reaction score
hahahaha that actually made he laugh

and nothing to compensate for here i just really like being loud :d :d

you might like it, but no one else does! Go ahead and bolt on something real loud...just ends up contributing to more regulations and closures.

malinowski3

Reaction score
haha i ride my quad out in the boondocks the closest town is over 10 miles away i dont think its going to bug anyone that much

malinowski3

Reaction score
i ride with all my buddies ... they think im an idiot and if its really too loud for them ill just stay at the end of the pack so no ones behind me

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my take,.. if you want it loud by all means,.. but loud doesn't mean better. You might even lose HP depending on what muffler you get, and you will require a spark arrestor-- some manufactures have them as an option or not at all so you might have to make one.

Staying at the back of the pack is no fun IMO,.. it's the sharing of the lead or trading spots up and down the line which adds to the fun of the ride. Or if you have to pull someone out, or vice verse -- the noise will be awful.

Out quading I hear guys all the time in the far distance,.. ---brap-brapppp-br-pp-brapp,.. I could care less for those people, all that does is let me know not to go that direction to AVOID them. Also if you haven't ridden a loud atv yet,.. the last one I tried for s-and giggles I only lasted 5min because of the terrible drone in my helmet.

So think hard about your investment, because if could be just a waste of money that you could otherwise put towards snorkels/aftermarket ECU or even tires.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grew up in slave lake. Never had a problem with loud pipes cause your not riding in the ditch around any homes. We errrr always miles back in the bush! Big groups of us and everybody has loud exhaust. I say go for it!

Supertrap makes good exhaust for atvs.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loud and powerful, and seeing as how you have an '09, get the RonWoods. I wish they made one for the 2011's because they are the most powerful pipe for an '09 XP.

If you want to be reasonable and considerate, get the disk tuner for your RW pipe.

HMF and BigGun also make nice rumbly pipes for the XP that let you hear the engine but not piss everyone off beside you.

malinowski3

Reaction score
haha nice i think im going to order the supertrapp mudslinger exaust, i really like the way it sounds :d :d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh.

I'm glad more then a few responded with the right answer. At one time I was the only one!

Do not pay to make your kwad louder! It doesn't matter where you ride, it does not help the situation. Think your neighbors don't hear you loading it up? Think they don't vote? Think their voice won't be heard louder then yours?

Be considerate and keep it as quiet as possible. I pay MORE to make it LESS loud. I have a FMF Steath Q on my dirt bike. One of the most quiet, and expensvie silencers you can buy. Why? Because I'm involved with fighting to keep areas open. I pay money, volunteer, and support those who help. Not those who do rediculous things on the trail. Around people or not, it affects us all.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ugh.

I'm glad more then a few responded with the right answer. At one time I was the only one!

Do not pay to make your kwad louder! It doesn't matter where you ride, it does not help the situation. Think your neighbors don't hear you loading it up? Think they don't vote? Think their voice won't be heard louder then yours?

Be considerate and keep it as quiet as possible. I pay MORE to make it LESS loud. I have a FMF Steath Q on my dirt bike. One of the most quiet, and expensvie silencers you can buy. Why? Because I'm involved with fighting to keep areas open. I pay money, volunteer, and support those who help. Not those who do rediculous things on the trail. Around people or not, it affects us all.

If they had a stock sounding mega power pipe I'd have it. I'm in the market for a new pipe cuz I hate how choked up the stockers are. I'm considerate with my pipes but if you got good neighbours then all the better.

Theres two old folks that live on the receiving end of my MX track and when I had my YFZ the CSR pipe was cranking out 104db. The old timer would putt out on his Rancher to come watch. He likes watching the quads sail a good 50-70 feet.

If your neighbours don't like it, then don't do it. I just got lucky.

malinowski3

Reaction score
all of our neighbors at our farm, over 90% of them have aftermarket cans and a pipe on their snowmobiles so it wont bother them much and when i am at the city it wont come off the truck till i get it to the cabin or my friends cabin

Top Bottom