Looks like oil leak coming from 800 xp

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about the sled I just bought. It looks like I have an oil leak coming from the plastic skid plate/belly pan. I think it is the 2 stroke oil but am not sure because of the color. He used amsoil 2 stroke oil. After I bought it he topped it up. If he spilled is that where it would leak from. Doesn't appear my chain case is leaking. Any ideas would be appreciated The sled is an 08 summit xp with just over 1000 miles on it. Hope I didn't get burnt. When I looked at it before I bought did not see any visible leaks. Is it possible the hose came off from the carb? Thanks

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be from filler cap on oil reservoir
08 were problematic to have the cap over tightened and warp the filler thread spout
there is a insert fix from mots machining to help remedy

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if over filled the oil tank can pressure up and leak out the vent line. on my 2010 it was over the steering shaft and would run down to the bottom and look like a major problem,but it wasn't. try looking at that

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a decent amount of oil leaking from mine last year, and couldn't find the source. Took it to Deano, and it ended up being BOTH lines from the oil pump to the crank case. When I replaced the crankshaft a couple years ago, I must have nicked the lines removing or installing the engine. Luckily, I got it fixed before melting a piston!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at oil resivior and looks like it is coming out of the overflow Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom