Looking to lighten up skid!

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that a arctic cat skid is a direct replacement for a yamaha and are signficantly lighter? Does anyone know what year to be looking for? 162" 06 apex? There are a couple on kijiji but don't know if will fit for sure. Or if anyone has any other ideas without spending a crap load of money..

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a direct replacement by no means, takes some machining of spacers and shafts, new holes to be drilled for front swing arm and rear mounts moved. Is a cheaper option that works better than stock but takes some extra work and modding IMO

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to stay 162, AD Bovin ZX2 skid, canadian built, rides awesome, lighter than stock. I like it, it works!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that a arctic cat skid is a direct replacement for a yamaha and are signficantly lighter? Does anyone know what year to be looking for? 162" 06 apex? There are a couple on kijiji but don't know if will fit for sure. Or if anyone has any other ideas without spending a crap load of money..

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

I HAD ONE IN MY OLD SRX. YOU NEED TO FIND THE CENTER TO CENTER BETWEEN THE FRONT AND THE REAR OF THE SKID. I CANT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS. BUT ITS PRETTY EASY.

macsummit

Reaction score
i am going to put a 156 ce track on mine & would like to put a cat skid in mine as well anybody have measurement or picture of one installed on there nytro please post thanks.the new kit from yamaha looks like the cat skid but will only work on the new yamaha skid

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
i am going to put a 156 ce track on mine & would like to put a cat skid in mine as well anybody have measurement or picture of one installed on there nytro please post thanks.the new kit from yamaha looks like the cat skid but will only work on the new yamaha skid

pm nytroman, seen his sled in action. Works great!

Top Bottom