Looking to buy

600 SummX

Reaction score
Would someone tell me where to find a forum on tips for purchasing a sled. Such as pros, cons, what to look for and what updates should ask about.

Thanks,
Kevin

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shat, just ask those questions here. Advice is free and opinions are like arse holes everyone's got one. Don't be shy cause everyone on this site will offer you opinions....... Trust me.

Now first off what kind of sledding are you doing i.e. mountains, trails or ditch banging. What is your intended purpose for the sled just recreation? Do you prefer 2 stroke or 4 stroke cause that a whole different story there alone trust me.

600 SummX

Reaction score
I'm a mountain sledder, considering '06 summit 800 151", around the $6000 to 7000 range. '06 because it preceeds the issues of more recent sleds. I understand the stock clutchs are good with a few tweeks as opposed to '07, engines are strong with no crank issues as in '07 not sure about ring flacking, exhaust valves are better quality quide tabs don't break off and don't have a trencher track as in '07.

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
You should look at one of the sleds in the classifieds here... Look for CUSO's sled... Friggin MINT 2005 with a brand new engine (no issues with flaking rings etc). Everything that needs to be done to these sleds to make them rip and increase reliability has already been done! Not to mention he is located in etown as well.

Found you the link... happy shopping!

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a mountain sledder, considering '06 summit 800 151", around the $6000 to 7000 range. '06 because it preceeds the issues of more recent sleds. I understand the stock clutchs are good with a few tweeks as opposed to '07, engines are strong with no crank issues as in '07 not sure about ring flacking, exhaust valves are better quality quide tabs don't break off and don't have a trencher track as in '07.
For that kind of cash I would move up to a 08 XP for an additional $2,000.00 then u would have current technology

Top Bottom