Looking for Turbo suggestions

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally my sleds running. And running good from what I seen.

Final problems were:

TPS sensor issues. Not exactly sure what they were, just one thing that was mentioned.

Throttle body screws had backed out and the throttle bodies were falling apart. Not too sure how this happened because we did that part at the dealership, and I remember using locktite, but that's what the big problem was.

We were in the process of dynoing it when the dyno computer buggered up. Highest pull was 227.7 at 10lbs. Would be nice to see more but I'm just happy to be getting my sled back.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally my sleds running. And running good from what I seen.

Final problems were:

TPS sensor issues. Not exactly sure what they were, just one thing that was mentioned.

Throttle body screws had backed out and the throttle bodies were falling apart. Not too sure how this happened because we did that part at the dealership, and I remember using locktite, but that's what the big problem was.

We were in the process of dynoing it when the dyno computer buggered up. Highest pull was 227.7 at 10lbs. Would be nice to see more but I'm just happy to be getting my sled back.

Glad to here timber, the throttle body set up is CRITICAL on these. Find this tool to be most useful :cool:

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 311

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
So it wasn't an issue with cutler's stuff at all eh? Good to hear. I hope it works great for you this winter.

So Timber, is the CPC kit good now and not junk:)?

Mayfly

Reaction score
Slowly getting my kit installed, just need to sync the TPS and maybe get the throttle bodies synced as well. Hey Deano670, can I just take the throttle bodies to an AC dealer and have them do it, or do they need the sled?
So far am happy with the fit of the turbo, everything seems to be going together well. Just need to finish wiring and adding heat tape to needed places.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slowly getting my kit installed, just need to sync the TPS and maybe get the throttle bodies synced as well. Hey Deano670, can I just take the throttle bodies to an AC dealer and have them do it, or do they need the sled?
So far am happy with the fit of the turbo, everything seems to be going together well. Just need to finish wiring and adding heat tape to needed places.

You are gonna go right past my door step. I'll do it for you:cool:

Mayfly

Reaction score
Thanks Deano
Well I guess I'll be seeing you, not sure when as work is busy. But do need to get er done before the snow flies.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Thanks Deano,
I will give you a call once back in town.
Lorne

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M'fly saw your kit yesterday. Don't think there is a better lookin kit out there. Lots of billet and CNC stuff. I think when others see it, they're gonna be wishing they went that way.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M'fly saw your kit yesterday. Don't think there is a better lookin kit out there. Lots of billet and CNC stuff. I think when others see it, they're gonna be wishing they went that way.

If you saw his then i must have seen yours last week. All i will say is that sled must rip. ;)

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worked pretty sweet as a 1 liter with a 2.5" track.

YouTube - BDF chute climb

Cann't wait for 1.2 liter version with a 3".

I had a good look at your hood vent , wasnt sure how well they sat on the hood. The 3" was all rolled up just waiting to be stuffed under. Dont think there will be much of an issue spinning that one around. Post a vid on the snow:beer:

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
Twisted and Cutler both offer great turbo kits, and also great customer service from both.
To me its flip a coin on those two choices, as both are awesome!

Top Bottom