Looking for Turbo suggestions

Mayfly

Reaction score
Thought I would ask again, alot of threads on here about turbo kits and which one to run.
I bought a 08 M8 162 from the T&T crew (thanks Ally, Terry, Mark and crew) with the intention of installing a race gas kit, so I have the option to run higher boost with race fuel. Kinda looking at the Cutler (love the intake setup) and Twisted set-up (like the oil delete) with perhaps a Tial BOV (if it is possible to run on either kit).
Would purchase and install myself, probably cost me more than someone professional to install, cause I will probably do something stupid, but oh well live and learn.
Seen a few pics of sleds with BD, Twisted, etc and all of them have no visible intercooler, was is that? Is the heat issue not an issue?
My riding preference is boondocking trees, not much for highmarking, cause I don't like the what goes up must come down really fast part.
Sorry for sounding stupid, just trying to figure out what is good for my application.
Any insight from the turbo owners would be greatly appreciated.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you will be better off with a kit with no intercooler. A bit faster on the spool up and stuff like that. I know powerclaw sells the twisted kits he is a good guy to talk to about what you want!

taz1000

Reaction score
check out the new "ripcharger "it a supercharger for two strokes. its made in bc i was talking to the maker dennis they will be ready for sale in the fall.

Jeff K

Reaction score
I bought and installed a Cutler kit at Christmas. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. The kit is COMPLETE and the customer service from Dale Cutler has been awesome.

wannaturbo

Reaction score
I purchased a Push Turbo Kit the pump gas kit. It works great at low elvation 1300 feet I run some 110 fuel.At high elvation I do not run any. No clutching between mountain and prarrie riding anymore kit works great and looks good as well

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Cutler stage 3 kit. Sled had just over 200 miles on it when it got installed and now has just over 300. The only time I called Dale for help and only time I ever will again, he was very arrogant. Arrogant to the point that I'll never buy another piece of CPC anything.

Jeff K

Reaction score
I bought a Cutler stage 3 kit. Sled had just over 200 miles on it when it got installed and now has just over 300. The only time I called Dale for help and only time I ever will again, he was very arrogant. Arrogant to the point that I'll never buy another piece of CPC anything.

Wow, that is completely opposite to my experiences with Dale and CPC. Dale has been more than helpful anytime I called, and has gone out of his way to ensure I received their latest clutching updates as well. I highly recommend them because of my experiences with Dale.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would ask again, alot of threads on here about turbo kits and which one to run.
I bought a 08 M8 162 from the T&T crew (thanks Ally, Terry, Mark and crew) with the intention of installing a race gas kit, so I have the option to run higher boost with race fuel. Kinda looking at the Cutler (love the intake setup) and Twisted set-up (like the oil delete) with perhaps a Tial BOV (if it is possible to run on either kit).
Would purchase and install myself, probably cost me more than someone professional to install, cause I will probably do something stupid, but oh well live and learn.
Seen a few pics of sleds with BD, Twisted, etc and all of them have no visible intercooler, was is that? Is the heat issue not an issue?
My riding preference is boondocking trees, not much for highmarking, cause I don't like the what goes up must come down really fast part.
Sorry for sounding stupid, just trying to figure out what is good for my application.
Any insight from the turbo owners would be greatly appreciated.

Heck just buy one of mine i a have 2 2009 M8's ready to ride both with boondocker pump gas turbo's dialed and ready to ride. 1 is a 162, 1 is a 153. So many extras I cannot even list them all.

I am just a stones throw away from you, I am from Stony area.

looking for $13500 ish each.
PM for info.

SNOW JW

Reaction score
Website
www.coderedperformance.com
Wow, that is completely opposite to my experiences with Dale and CPC. Dale has been more than helpful anytime I called, and has gone out of his way to ensure I received their latest clutching updates as well. I highly recommend them because of my experiences with Dale.

Agee as well Dale is always willing to help a guy he is very busy so one has to understand this and although sometimes hard to get ahold of he is a great guy.

Much of the info on the web now is hard to get a good full picture on like the intercooler VS non-intercooler. Ran bolth and if you have a good fan on mini intercooler it is night and day better without any more lag.

Mayfly

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, ended up buying the Stage 3 CPC kit from Dale. He was super helpful and we talked atleast a half hour over the phone and answered all my dumb questions when I e-mailed him. Kit should be sent next week.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good choice, i have dealt with dale and he was super, and i dont even run one of his kits. I really like the dual cast throttle bodies and imo it is the only way to go.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dale is top notch, i have used many of his turbo kit pieces to retrofit competitor kits and have seen huge success. Will also be doing 3 of his stage three kits in the next month 2 m1's and an m8.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have too agree with you too,Dale is a very helpful builder.I have never had an issue with advice on my sled.A friend had his Cutler helix come loose and stretched the holes till it finally broke off(his fault forgot too tighten) and Dale had a new helix up here in two days so we could still go sledding.
They have excellent custumer service IMO.

dubbs

Reaction score
I am running an OVS tial RG kit on my M8 that is working awesome...

Also have a complete 09 boondocker RG kit for sale with a brand new never used Garrett 2871 Turbo. Comes with everything including 4 window Digatron, speedwerx Y pipe, Clutching, boost gauge, pipe welded and ready to go. It's all painted black and is mint. Ready to bolt on.

I had the worst time getting it to work consistently... Ate a ring which wrecked the turbine wheel (that's why the turbo's brand new) Decided to go back to the drawing board thinking the kit was to blame.. Got it all together with the OVS kit and the same sht was happening, found that the fuel pump coil rectifier was partially broken off the circuit board in the ECM... That was the problem all along. Put a new ECM in and she's working great.

Some expensive learning...:rant:

I would sell the boondocker kit for 4500 bucks. It comes with everything and is packaged up like new.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish you had sent me a PM. There's nothing that I would love more than having someone buy my cutler turbo. After my experience with Dale, and still not being able to get my sled running I broke down (actually literally broke down and got towed out) and took the sled into Northgate. That was in March. My sled is still there.

I would love nothing more than to get rid of my turbo and arctic crap sled and go ride a polaris. At least I'll actually get some riding in rather than 300 miles of a poor running sled.

Obviously I seem to be the exception. Every other post says Dale has superior customer service. Have as much fun as you can with your stage three. Maybe make up for the fun I'm missing out on.

tylbz

Reaction score
I wish you had sent me a PM. There's nothing that I would love more than having someone buy my cutler turbo. After my experience with Dale, and still not being able to get my sled running I broke down (actually literally broke down and got towed out) and took the sled into Northgate. That was in March. My sled is still there.

I would love nothing more than to get rid of my turbo and arctic crap sled and go ride a polaris. At least I'll actually get some riding in rather than 300 miles of a poor running sled.

Obviously I seem to be the exception. Every other post says Dale has superior customer service. Have as much fun as you can with your stage three. Maybe make up for the fun I'm missing out on.

rumor has it twisted kits are the way to go for hi elevation. i'll find out for sure this year.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Herd lotsa good about most kits out there! its all in what a guy wants out of his machine. Of course there is the odd lemon that you hear about and sounds like Timber got one!!! Be interested to hear more about the issues he was have weather it was tuning or just plain faulty equipment. Twisteds kits are on the top of my list for the 1000 mostly because I hear the motors need port timing changes and some head work and that comes included in this kit. anyway hope Timber_12 will fill us in!!

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am putting a turbo on mine and getting it done through Mountain Magic. Herd that they have there Cat ones figured out and all the clutching etc.... most people get into trouble with who installs them not necessarily the turbo itself from what I have herd and they ride what they sell that is why I bought my kit from them and having them install it for me.

Top Bottom