Looking for staging area's

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
I am new to snowmobiling. NOT looking to go to the mountains, looking for local riding area's, trails, ditch banging and so on..... I live in Calgary but am looking from say the Caroline area all the way South.... I really do not have any boundries except they should be in Alberta......

Now here is my question. I have a Garmin 450 GPS...... Anyone have any waypoints I can put in for Staging Area's... If I can find a staging area, somewhere to drop off my truck and trailer while I go for the day I will be able to figure out the rest.......

If not can I get some really good detailed directions and so on so I can find my way there?

BIG PLEASE AND THANK YOU...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Head down too Blairmore and there is a place called Atlas Staging Area as well as few more in that area,The crowsnest pass has a lot to offer if thats not to far for ya!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little farther there is Sparwood which also has a couple staging areas like Corbin.Pm Quadtrash he is always inviting people to ride with and he is in your area,great guy!
Exept he is a Doo guy! LMAO!
He may have some good suggestions as well!

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cataract/Etherington creek are west of Longview in K-country. Lots of trail signage but snow can be thin. It's in the mountains but beginner friendly.

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Thanks everyone... I will look for the signs and see what I find...... It is not just that I am a first timer, I also do not have a mountain sled...... so it is both.....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kreep in mind the Crowsnest pass has one of the largest Family Friendly Trail Systems in Alberta something like 2000 miles of groommed trails with breathtaking scenery!
And a little wind to go with it from time to time LOL!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks everyone... I will look for the signs and see what I find...... It is not just that I am a first timer, I also do not have a mountain sled...... so it is both.....

Even if you just want to putt around a 136 or something would be fine in these areas,,as long as you dont venture to far off a trail..

Last edited:

Taz56

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.56offsuit.com
Kreep in mind the Crowsnest pass has one of the largest Family Friendly Trail Systems in Alberta something like 2000 miles of groommed trails with breathtaking scenery!
And a little wind to go with it from time to time LOL!

Thanks... And I will for sure be heading there as that sounds great,

Not to sound un-grateful, that is more than 2 hours away, anything closer? Or am I screwed being in Calgary?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I could help you but Calgary is not the best location for snow!
catmando!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks... And I will for sure be heading there as that sounds great,

Not to sound un-grateful, that is more than 2 hours away, anything closer?
Maclean Creek or Waipourus areas,,,but usually not much snow,,and i think there is certain times as well,but not postive on that,,,I could be wrong

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Olds snowmobile club has a staging area and trail system. It is located straight west of Bearberry about 3-4 miles. Follow the pavemant through Bearberry untill it takes a tight turn to the north. At that curve you can drive straight off the pavement onto gravel. Follow that west straight into the staging area.

cooper

Reaction score
Just go to the crowsnest pass hit atlas you ll be hooked for life and yes calgary sucks for sledding hot spots happy new year and have a blast .:beer:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason i am going out on sunday to atlas your are more than welcome to join will be easy trail riding for sure as im still on the mend will send you a pm w/ my #'s and maybe i can con trashy into coming out too er sorry convince doug ya thats it

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head down too Blairmore and there is a place called Atlas Staging Area as well as few more in that area,The crowsnest pass has a lot to offer if thats not to far for ya!
catmando!

X2 for what Catmando is posting. You can get around with a trail sled on the trails. Also south of Blairmore ( Atlas South ) is easy going until you step off the trail

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am new to snowmobiling. NOT looking to go to the mountains, looking for local riding area's, trails, ditch banging and so on..... I live in Calgary but am looking from say the Caroline area all the way South.... I really do not have any boundries except they should be in Alberta......

Now here is my question. I have a Garmin 450 GPS...... Anyone have any waypoints I can put in for Staging Area's... If I can find a staging area, somewhere to drop off my truck and trailer while I go for the day I will be able to figure out the rest.......

If not can I get some really good detailed directions and so on so I can find my way there?

BIG PLEASE AND THANK YOU...

Hey Taz56,

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you any maps I have on file for the different staging areas in the south.

Top Bottom