looking for input on ice scratchers

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a set for 2 years, never gave them much thought until they both broke first ride this year. After putting the stock ones on till I could get replacements, I noticed the sled consistently running 10 degrees or so warmer than it was with the Ice Storms. New Ice Storms will be on before next ride for sure.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a set for 2 years, never gave them much thought until they both broke first ride this year. After putting the stock ones on till I could get replacements, I noticed the sled consistently running 10 degrees or so warmer than it was with the Ice Storms. New Ice Storms will be on before next ride for sure.
There was a bad batch of them, from two or three years ago ( when bought) Got mine replaced with new ones and have been 100 % since, and have used them all year, rocks ect on lower trail all year

knocksum

Reaction score
The ultimate scratcher would be the doo t3 with the ice storm feet. I'll keep dreaming.

rcbc

Reaction score
When the trails are frozen and the factory scratchers don't cut it, I throw on some stainless all thread onto the backs of skis.
3' of 3/8" is $20 at any hard ware store. I put some fender washers on to distribute the pressure on the skis.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These scratchers rock I ran some long trails to get to destination and kept slep 119-125 versus without having them down was 150+ and had to stop and cool tunnel. Perfect install and even
made a new holder that uses factory holes already there. Highly recommend vs. stock scratchers.
Here is what they look like.
View attachment 193176

What did you make the holder with? Better pics please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comes with the scratchers. Ice Storm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Is that new? I have a set of these scratchers and they didn't come with a holder. Maybe I got an early production version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
Just bought a set of "Ice Storms" after reading all the positive feed back. I love them and wish I had bought them earlier. I thought all scratchers were the same but my sled does run cooler now. Highly recommended.
Thanks to the people on here that reviewed them and "Teth-air" for the great pricing.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard they revised the packaging on them to make it easier to get into, but after installing my second set on the weekend, I still can't help but feel like whoever designed the packaging should be drug out in the street and beaten with an unopened package of them. Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u have all the parts inside??? Over done is way better than under packaged

Better than having crappy packaging and having parts missing and having to go back to get them or a new kit

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anybody provide me with a phone number, dealer, or website to buy a set of these? My flexible ones just aren't cutting it.

Thanks!
Tyler

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quick n cheap, a 2 inch 3/8 ths bolt on inside back of ski will provide more cooling than any scracther out there, you can remove when u get to snow or keep them in till you get back to loading area. :twocents:

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
do the reversible they are the best and I didn't overheat once last year on the hard packed trails headed to the back! Those ski mounted look pretty sweet too. Best part is if you forget to put them up and hit it in reverse like we all do they wont get ruined like OEM's do.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ice storms are sick- love them - I have the reversibles on my skid rails and on the inside of my slydog 8" powderhounds

Top Bottom