looking for input on ice scratchers

Daniel475

Reaction score
looking for something better then the stock ones from polaris, they just dont throw enough snow on to the track when your going down a groomed trail ! what are you guys running and what do you like! thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2, and if the tip wears down, just flip them over and have a like new one

sent while I should be drinking tea's

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3!

I have bent a set backing up but they throw way more snow than other scratchers.

My buddies hate following me on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you guys keep the reversibles tucked up? I'm having to use a tie wrap around the rear spring, which is a PITA and doesn't last very long.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you guys keep the reversibles tucked up? I'm having to use a tie wrap around the rear spring, which is a PITA and doesn't last very long.

They come with brackets to mount to the skid, that they sit-hook into

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they came out they came with no rail mountain solution. That didn't work well as they just fall off. Then they sent out eye bolts. Those sheared off on the second ride. Now they seem to have these fancy brackets, but early adopters are hooped.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an original set as well. One of mine popped down and hooked the ramp on my deck. Of course, that was when I was unloading in -32C and I ended up wrecking that scratcher and smoking a belt. Ended up buying a complete new set because I couldn't find anyone who just had the spring replacements. New set came with the little brackets that mount to the rail to hold them up.

Like others have said, they throw more snow than anything I've ever seen and don't get wrecked by backing up in the parking lot.

knocksum

Reaction score
Picked up a set of ice storm and so far they rock. Picked them up from teth-air in calgary. I did see he had replacement arms if they ever got broken. Nothing so far tosses more snow.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that these scratchers have gone through constant improvements and will continue, so what you bought a year ago is not as good as what now is being offered now.

First change was the addition of the park hook at no extra charge, but some of these broke, so the new park bracket has been added. The next was a change from 316 SS foot(ski) to 404 SS for durability, next the foot was coated to prevent flash rusting. Next the packaging was updated as they were really difficult to get out of the plastic wrap. Next the cotter pins were failing on some so they were changed to roll pins. The roll pins were stronger but some fell out so all orders I shipped out had the roll pins squished on the ends. Now we will be seeing SS cotter pins in future shipments. Also a redesigned spring bender will be used to reduce pinch marks that can be weak points.

I use these scratchers myself and find them to be the best on the market.

Chris

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know that these scratchers have gone through constant improvements and will continue, so what you bought a year ago is not as good as what now is being offered now.

First change was the addition of the park hook at no extra charge, but some of these broke, so the new park bracket has been added. The next was a change from 316 SS foot(ski) to 404 SS for durability, next the foot was coated to prevent flash rusting. Next the packaging was updated as they were really difficult to get out of the plastic wrap. Next the cotter pins were failing on some so they were changed to roll pins. The roll pins were stronger but some fell out so all orders I shipped out had the roll pins squished on the ends. Now we will be seeing SS cotter pins in future shipments. Also a redesigned spring bender will be used to reduce pinch marks that can be weak points.

Chris

yup they deffinetly are the best on the market. i have a question. i ordered one pair from you in beginning of season. and a couple pairs from somewhere else the season before. weve had 2 sets that lost the feet. is it posible just to purchase the feet?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Chris

Hey chis , have u had any issues with the clutch sides scratchers breaking off at the arm out bend

I had one break off, got a warranty one, used it 2 times, same side broke off last weekend... Went to put it up before 6 km at eagles ( before any rocks or dirt) and it's not there, called over the top and left a message ( that's where H2O gets them from)

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have sold over 200 sets and have seen about 1/2 dozen failures. I cannot say that that number is a problem but I do have some parts to fix you up. I am selling these parts at my cost if you had them more than about 3 months. Shorter time than that I am open to supplying t no charge other than freight if I have to ship you.

I will be away until April 23rd so PM me and will get back to you then.

Chris

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have sold over 200 sets and have seen about 1/2 dozen failures. I cannot say that that number is a problem but I do have some parts to fix you up. I am selling these parts at my cost if you had them more than about 3 months. Shorter time than that I am open to supplying t no charge other than freight if I have to ship you.

I will be away until April 23rd so PM me and will get back to you then.

Chris

My other side broke now too.... I can see the cut in the shaft from what he was talking about, for the bend

I'm getting new ones to get me through the year, and new ones when he gets more made

Lol one guy I road with on the kuster ride, said his left side broke when he put them in and went to clip them up the first time lol

Last edited:

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought these scratchers and like Tex mine broke off right at the bended part and Cycleworks west was awesome and replaced them. I have not put the replacement set on yet but I hope they dont fail where the bend is again. They do throw lots of snow but breaking on the first ride after putting them on was a bummer.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought these scratchers and like Tex mine broke off right at the bended part and Cycleworks west was awesome and replaced them. I have not put the replacement set on yet but I hope they dont fail where the bend is again. They do throw lots of snow but breaking on the first ride after putting them on was a bummer.

It's a known issues with over the top, the makers

The place that bent the arms, tried a new process , hence the slit and breaking

There will be new style ones out by Sept for replacement

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Just ordered a pair for my RMK! Hoping they are better than my stocks. ordered from gobigparts.com Question do you sell them on any other site? They are hard to find.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
These scratchers rock I ran some long trails to get to destination and kept slep 119-125 versus without having them down was 150+ and had to stop and cool tunnel. Perfect install and even
made a new holder that uses factory holes already there. Highly recommend vs. stock scratchers.
Here is what they look like.
ice storm scratchers.PNG

Top Bottom