Looking for info and best install price on turbo for 2017 Axys

krazy k

Reaction score
Just looking to see who will have the best price on a turbo for a 2017 Axys which includes the install? Just looking for a pump gas turbo so that I don't need to be tuning or tinkering all the time.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with FastFarmer (on here) his axys has a redline turbo on it and that sled flat out rips and worked flawlessly. First turbo I have seen where the owner just rode all day, every day with no tinkering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also encourage you to check out redline. The tree banger series of kits offer a lot of very impressive features and options. Their kits are also on sale until April which makes it pretty tempting at bare minimum lol. as for install I would say that most people would agree that they are very straight forward to install and can be done in an afternoon. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to put it together yourself?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of price as we talking for a pump gas kit? Comparable to the Silber basic kit (no intercoolers)?

krazy k

Reaction score
This is all good info people. I'm just need to really hear more from some others right now because I've heard good things about the boondocker turbo pump gas kits as well.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my BD turbo, 500 miles on it. Not one issue. Its like a stock sled with 200 HP. $3995 us. They are not that hard to install, If you are mechanical at all. It took me 6.5hrs my first time and I was taking my time.

JBEST103

Reaction score
Boost it all day long. Has non and intercooled options. They run hard. No tuning required. Great local company. Season 3 on my boost it pro. Runs sweet every time.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking to see who will have the best price on a turbo for a 2017 Axys which includes the install? Just looking for a pump gas turbo so that I don't need to be tuning or tinkering all the time.
Not going to bash any other turbo kits because they all seem to have some happy customers on here. But I will definitely give my support to Chrisco. 2 years on my MTNTK pro, Chris did the install on my pro because I wanted to know 100% it was done correctly. But he's more than just a turbo shop, he can provide service anything you may need for your sled.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had multiple different brands and just got the mtntk kit for my Axys 11 days now and pull and go from day one. I rode it back to back with a BD tunnle dump race gas kit and rode redline and have been on boost it sleds. The mtnyk is by far the cleanest throttle response and with the full length cooler runs 124-128 on the trail all day while other sleds like stock are getting hot. The bd i rode was on race gas vs mine on pump gas made a bit more power but bottem end wasn't as clean. Boost it makes a nice kit but their fuel mapping on every sled ive seen with their kit is really ****ty bottem end throttle response and spool is ****ty but up top boost it made the most power. The red line kits is ok but is non intercooled and uses a cheeper turbo so at the same boost level/power level the mtntk kit was running startigh pump gas and redline is running Av or race gas. For 800 dollars more the mtntk kit was way better then the redline has water to air and flash programming. If you want flat out power for big climbs boost it all the way that kit makes power on the big end hands down.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No none intercooler kits like redline and sliber require min of Av or such low boost its not worth running!

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was meant to be a reply it was asked if redline makes a pump gas kit. Kits like redline and slober that run no intercooler require a minimum of Av or 50:50 mix because of the hotter charge air temps. These kits cost less but make less power and more wear on an engine. For 800-1000 dollars more you can get water to air so not at all worth it in my opinion.

Top Bottom