Looking for ideas.....

Reaction score
I have two sleds and a double-wide trailer for them, stored safely in my garage. It takes up most of the space. I am going to buy a SeaDoo this weekend that has a single trailer (it measures 5' by 12') .... I might be able to re-organize and get both in the garage.... but I am wondering if it is possible, or what people might suggest, if I can somehow use my sled trailer for the SeaDoo and sell that trailer? Any concerns? The wood is marine grade and treated but the lights aren't sealed I don't think...

Any thoughts? Ideas? Or Suggestions to help me save some room? Maybe one of you guys has storage for sleds for a small fee?

Anyway just wondering what my best option might be. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Happy Easter everyone... I hope you all have a great time. I wish I could go sledding! (If there's anywhere in Alberta with snow, and does NOT require avy gear..... you can let me know that too.. maybe I'll go for a longer drive)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled trailer would be higher so you would have to back farther into the lake I would think. But it would work you would just have to put some bunks on the sled trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sled trailer would be higher so you would have to back farther into the lake I would think. But it would work you would just have to put some bunks on the sled trailer.

Sorry "Bunks"? I'm not sure I follow? Also... you don't think the lights would short? (I am not sure). I honestly can't say if the sled trailer is higher... I'll take your word for it for now... I would have thought they would be pretty close to the same.

Reaction score
By "Bunks" do you mean supports / blocks of wood under each side of the Seadoo to keep it level?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
regarding the lights, not very expensive to replace them with water tight lights but if short on cash simply unplug from truck when loading/unloading until you can get proper lights. As for the comment on "bunks" yes he means to have a "cradle" built to keep seadoo in place while on the trailer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry "Bunks"? I'm not sure I follow? Also... you don't think the lights would short? (I am not sure). I honestly can't say if the sled trailer is higher... I'll take your word for it for now... I would have thought they would be pretty close to the same.

Yah wood blocks covered in in carpet to keep the sea doo level. And most trailer lights are those sealed lights so shouldn't be an issue but like said unplug.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used a sled trailer for our jet skis. Works great. Like said before, cover some 2x4 with carpet and good to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 160

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your handy you could build a little cart that the sea doo sits on then use ramps and a winch to put it in and out of the water. My uncle did something like that for his truck bed so he could haul his camper and it worked pretty good. But If it's a single seadoo trailer they really don't take up much space.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in responding, and thanks for all the tips/ideas. In the end I spent the weekend re-organizing and purging, and getting stuff ready for an upcoming garage sale. We managed to make enough space in the garage for both trailers. Now I can't wait to rip around some this summer.

This is what I ended up with. Looks to be in pristine shape, inside and out. If anyone has experience with this make/model, I'm all for any information I might need or want. I've never owned one before.

2.jpg

Top Bottom